Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship carrying 850 sinks off Central Java

30 minutes ago

JAKARTA, Indonesia - An ship carrying around 850 passengers sank in a storm off Central Java, an Indonesian commander said Saturday, adding that he feared many people had died.

Navy Commander Col. Yan Simamora said the "Senopati" went down at around midnight Friday while en route from Sumarang on Central Java to the port of Kumai on Central Kalimantan province.

Rescue workers had found only nine survivors.

"So far, the rescue team, using helicopters and ships has been searching for other passengers, but limited visability and bad weather is hampering the rescue," he told El-shinta radio. "Because of the high waves and wind, I'm afraid many have died."
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Crap.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I thought that this was going to be about a ship with a cargo of bathroom fixtures.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

No, it's about at least 600 feared dead.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

most people up there can't swim

I was going to write something callous but didn't, must be getting old
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
          X