Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mel Gibson speaks to Jay Leno on The Tonight Show

We all have sinned and done wrong.

Mel Gibson spoke about the mistakes he made.

I thought it was good for him to say it how he did, he stated I need to keep my side of the street clean and put one foot in front of the other.

I know what he did was wrong and no he shouldn't simply be allowed to walk away.

But he is a star so that means he is up front with 110% of his life for all to scrutinize and judge.

I remember the first time I got busted for possession and distribution, made the paper, made everyone take a hard look at me, judge me and I was on a thin line to walk.

I made it past that incident and yes now I run into some who remember that, they put their arm on my shoulder and say i have come a long way.

I wish we as humans had a more forgiving nature and less pack mentality.

If someone stumbles, help that person along, instead of shaming them and kicking them merclessly thus giving a person limited room to learn and then of course turn from their shortcomings and mistakes.

I just had that on my mind.

Oh and not that it matters, but when I was busted, Yes I did use and abuse but actually was rationing but the law doesnt care, multiple portions equate to distribution.

Yes I am dope free now but only because God gives me strength

Ok, just sharing about an otherwise unimportant observation

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Re: Mel Gibson speaks to Jay Leno on The Tonight Show

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
    Yes I did use and abuse but actually was rationing but the law doesnt care, multiple portions equate to distribution.
    Schoolboy error....

Comment

So he got out of the line, being drunk and all.

Since when was shouting racial slurs drunk worse than DRIVING drunk anyway?

I don't care about what he shouted anyway. Only he knows if he really meant it or not. If he didn't, judging him from it is idiocy. If he did mean it, well then he's an idiot.

And sure, I've made mistakes too, and the law has been applied to me as well in the past. You can say, well, so you did smoke some pot. Yeah. Underaged too. A long time ago. So you say, not a big deal. That's right, but in here, it equals to drug usage, where there is no separation between crack and weed. So, to many people, I would be unreliable for the rest of my life. Most of the times, the people who think that, they can think that becuase I don't give a **** what they think, usually they aren't the sharpest knives in the kitchen to begin with.

So yes. But obviously Gramps is a bigger criminal . A CRIMINAL I SAY!
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

It really comes down to judging the character of a man based on their weak moment. That, in itself, is weak.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Don't you think that in this day and age it's a little out of the ordinary for an educated man to come up with the idea that Jews are "responsible for all the wars"? Yeah, I know they gave him a rough time over The Passion of Christ but he made a bundle from it so why should he continue to harbor a grudge? Why would his mind magnify his greivance with the Jews who criticized his movie to such an outlandish extent as to blame thme for one of mankind's greatest ills?
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

a) there can be millions of reasons, and just because we don't know his motives doesn't mean he didn't have any.
            b) he was drunk
            c) he found himself in trouble, so things happened, things were said etc.

The question is, if he really believes in what he shouted or not? If he doesn't, then who cares. If he does, then he is the only idiot in the room so why should we care?

And to teh point, is this like a big deal ? In here, celebs always get drunk, smash their cars and fight random people in bars. No one cares.
            In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
              Don't you think that in this day and age it's a little out of the ordinary for an educated man to come up with the idea that Jews are "responsible for all the wars"? Yeah, I know they gave him a rough time over The Passion of Christ but he made a bundle from it so why should he continue to harbor a grudge? Why would his mind magnify his greivance with the Jews who criticized his movie to such an outlandish extent as to blame thme for one of mankind's greatest ills?
              Is that why he said it, cause he was pissed that Abe Foxman called The Passion antisemitic? Thats pretty ironic, cause for a lot of us who were leaning agnostic on what Mel's intentions with The Passion were, his drunken comments were CONFIRMATION of the accusations against him.

OTOH if there is now an opening for a Jewish-Mayan alliance, I for one, would be pleased.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                a) there can be millions of reasons, and just because we don't know his motives doesn't mean he didn't have any.
                b) he was drunk
                c) he found himself in trouble, so things happened, things were said etc.

The question is, if he really believes in what he shouted or not? If he doesn't, then who cares. If he does, then he is the only idiot in the room so why should we care?

And to teh point, is this like a big deal ? In here, celebs always get drunk, smash their cars and fight random people in bars. No one cares.
                So whens the last time a Finn made a film that was seen by tens of millions of people?
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

LOTM, blaablaablaablaa very interesting argument, yes Mel Gibson the new nazi boy of Hollywood powerful, making children into nazis, blaablaablaa very very interesting.

You'd be surprised that a Finn has made a such film, you racist *******.

And.. the point is that Gibson inserts hidden evil messages into his films, right? We might not see them, but it must be true, if we believe hard enough, right?

And the passion of the christ was SOOOOO unbelievably anti-semite material we all shall rip our panties now and place doodoo over our heads.

If you watch Lethal Weapon 3 carefully enough, you can see it in his eyes, his true beast nature, where he hates young kids.
                  In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                    "LOTM, blaablaablaablaa very interesting argument, yes Mel Gibson the new nazi boy of Hollywood powerful, making children into nazis, blaablaablaa very very interesting. "

He IS a relatively powerful Hollywood producer/director.

Not all antisemites are Nazis.

Some think Passion did contribute to antisemitism.

"You'd be surprised that a Finn has made a such film, you racist *******."

I doubt anyone in Finnland has made a film with as great a viewership, whether that person is racially Finnish (?), of Swedish origin, is a Finnish Jew, an African immigrant or of any other ancestry. Its a question of the size of the culture industry, not race. Face it, people dont care what Finnish celebs say drunk. Does anyone care what they say when theyre not drunk? :0

Comment

"Some think Passion did contribute to antisemitism. "

So? It still doesn't make it so. These people are most likely overly sensitive anyway, who see anti-semitism everywhere they go, they want to see it and they see it.

"I doubt anyone in Finnland has made a film with as great a viewership, whether that person is racially Finnish (?), of Swedish origin, is a Finnish Jew, an African immigrant or of any other ancestry."

Not quite but close. We do have one succesful Hollywood director, with usual casting of Stallone, Samuel L. Jackson etc.

"Face it, people dont care what Finnish celebs say drunk."

Yeah and we don't care what other people say drunk. It just doesn't matter. Unless, of course, they do it more than few times.

Go ahead, you already hate Gibson, think he is an anti-semite, you want to see him as one, and you would not care what anyone else said, as long as there is at least one person who agrees with you.
                      In da butt.

Comment

Ok let me put this in a way we both understand. I see your point is, that Gibson has some influence, so his movies might have an influence on stupid people. We know there are lots of stupid people, who kind of mix up movies, reality, and get pissed off about events in a movie. In this sense, yes, it makes sense to question the guy.

My point is, that if his weak night was about his true feelings or some drunken ramblings, because he got a lot of pressure earlier anyway, is something we can not know. If we look at his past work and try to fit it in his ramblings, it's like numerology, that is, there's just no real way of telling what it really is, since it is not obvious. And because it is not obvious, we are going here on a hunch feeling, hurten by his drunken ramblings, and slaying the guy with it.

He might be not guilty of any of those anti-semitist feelings, so the audience also has a responsibility, something that they aren't exactly living up to right now. So hsi character is being assassinated, just because some drunken ramblings.

I'm just calling it as I see it, which is, a bad night for Gibson, and the rest of it is something we can not know, and therefore end of discussion and out of the area of interest. If he comes up with this stuff again though, well, then it _might_ indicate, that he has some kind of grudge going on.

If some of my drunken ramblings were taken up so seriously, I'd be pretty pissed of too, and so would most of us. Somehow we aren't giving him a second chance, and the first chance he blew in my mind is that he drove his car drunk, period. That's pretty bad.
                        In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Is that why he said it, cause he was pissed that Abe Foxman called The Passion antisemitic? Thats pretty ironic, cause for a lot of us who were leaning agnostic on what Mel's intentions with The Passion were, his drunken comments were CONFIRMATION of the accusations against him.

OTOH if there is now an opening for a Jewish-Mayan alliance, I for one, would be pleased.
                          I don't think anyone missed that irony.
                          Perhaps symbolically the Mayans are Palestinians and the invaders are teh joos?
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Being anti-semite is not something you can say "Oh, I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me".

It's not a lapse in judgement or something. It's a rooted belief.

It's like someone says he's sorry for being christian or muslim, and that he made a lapse of judgement.

A deep change like this is hardly ever done.

Comment

Try being Kinky Friedman. A Texas Jew. The guy has nothing going for him, per some.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X