No announcement yet.

Saddam has been executed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was pointing out that senior US people clearly thought that taunting Sadam was not clever.

I suppose becasue I don't think George W is the best thinng ever I can't comment.
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

• Taunting was stupid, and showed an utter lack of class.
      The fact remains, officals in the U.S. didn't think it needed to be a wham, bam, thank you ma'am deal.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
        so you also think he should have been kept alive to complete the trial for the Anfal campaign?
        Absolutely!

Where possible he should have been made stand trial for every significant crime he committed. Saddam committed major crimes against Shias, Kurds AND Sunnis!

If he had been made to stand trial at least once for each major ethnic grouping in Iraq, it might have brought the country closer together and catalysed it against Saddam as the monster he truly was.

IMO the Anfal campaign should have been the first trial due to the nature of the atrocity and its use of Chemical weapons (reminding the world that Saddam did indeed possess WMDs at one time). This would have avoided the current climate where the Sunnis feel (probably rightly given the videos!) that Saddam's death was merely a revenge killing by the Shias asserting their ascendancy in the Arab power stuggle within Iraq.

It never ceases to amaze me how spectacularly mishanded every major decision is in Iraq: This whole sordid trial has backfired and risks fracturing any possible peace between the Shias and Sunnis once and for all!

Saddam's trials should have been a healing process for this nation - instead it is yet another nail in the coffin in its headlong march towards outright civil war...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Ding dong the witch is dead. Par-tai!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X