Housework cuts breast cancer risk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housework cuts breast cancer risk

I have to hand it to the Brits this time. They are pretty well known for their useless studies. But at least this one has the possibility of getting women to do that housework. . Though you could argue men can get breast cancer, and they should do housework as well. But that is just heresy. .

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

So now when you tell your wife to clean the house, you are only thinking of her health, not being a male chauvenistic pig.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

I think bringing this one up with the Mrs will only lead to having to fight against prostrate cancer once again.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

When I saw this thread, I just assumed that the difference was caused by being active. But even engaging in sports doesn't have this positive effect.

The international authors said their results suggested that moderate forms of physical activity, such as housework, may be more important than less frequent but more intense recreational physical activity in reducing breast cancer risk.
        So when you're finished cleaning up your room,
        Let see that dust fly with that broom,
        And when you finished doing that,
        Bring in the dog and put out the cat!

Yakitty-yak.
        Don't talk back!
        Last edited by Zkribbler; December 29, 2006, 18:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
          I think bringing this one up with the Mrs will only lead to having to fight against prostrate cancer once again.
          What kind of cancer is that? Cancer of the back? Of the abdomen?
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Of course, you're right. Throwing yourself before her, laying prostrate and begging for mercy is about the only way you'd get the fight to stop.
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Gah! I have been pwned.

/me prostrates
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Is this a thread about women in the zodiac of Cancer, having a risk of getting smaller breast? Well, my woman is an Oxen, so I'm not part of it!

So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Y'know...

All these recent studies seem to be able to support the chauvanist's viewpoint.
                  1. Reports that unprotected intercourse with a male can improve a woman's mood demonstrably due to a hormone present in semen.
                  2. Reports that ejaculation at least once a week can reduce the risk of testicular and prostate cancer.
                  3. Now this, a report saying housework can reduce breast cancer...

Hmm...
                  B♭3

Comment

British studies
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                      Y'know...

All these recent studies seem to be able to support the chauvanist's viewpoint.
                      1. Reports that unprotected intercourse with a male can improve a woman's mood demonstrably due to a hormone present in semen.
                      2. Reports that ejaculation at least once a week can reduce the risk of testicular and prostate cancer.
                      3. Now this, a report saying housework can reduce breast cancer...

Hmm...
                      Attached Files
                      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Hah! Awesome, but it has no writer and no source!
                        B♭3

Comment

They could of just said "moderate physical activity reduced the incidence of cancer" instead of sounding like some chauvinist *******s...

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                            They could of just said "moderate physical activity reduced the incidence of cancer" instead of sounding like some chauvinist *******s...
                            Apparently you can't read.

The research on more than 200,000 women from nine European countries found doing household chores was far more cancer protective than playing sport.

Dusting, mopping and vacuuming was also better than having a physical job.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Er, reading the article does say that moderate levels of activity over long periods (for instance, in this case, housework) seems to be healthier than high levels of activity in short periods (for instance, sport).

The international authors said their results suggested that moderate forms of physical activity, such as housework, may be more important than less frequent but more intense recreational physical activity in reducing breast cancer risk.
                              B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X