I'm building myself a new computer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm building myself a new computer!

I'm getting ready to build a new computer.

Here are some specs:
    - D975XBX2 motherboard that supports dual PCI-E graphics cards.
    - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz CPU.
    - 4 Gb RAM, dual channel DDR2 800 Mhz.
    - 250 Gb SATA hard drive.
    - GeForce 7950 GT 512 Mb graphics card.

I can't wait to put everything together. This machine is going to kick ass.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

How much will those cost? Just a guesstimate.
    I'm getting ready to buy components. Thinking of going AMD though.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Not another one of these geekthreads..
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        How much will those cost? Just a guesstimate.
        I'm getting ready to buy components. Thinking of going AMD though.
        The specs I listed above cost about $1500.
        'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"

Comment

Well, not everyone already has a spanking new pc humming along, Spamhead.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

What's that spammhand? I have four PCs here
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Well, hell. Do you need my mailing address?

Comment

I need a new desktop computer, and that looks like pretty good specs to me.
                Donate to the American Red Cross.
                Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Re: I'm building myself a new computer!

Originally posted by The diplomat
                  I'm getting ready to build a new computer.

Here are some specs:
                  - D975XBX2 motherboard that supports dual PCI-E graphics cards.
                  - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz CPU.
                  - 4 Gb RAM, dual channel DDR2 800 Mhz.
                  - 250 Gb SATA hard drive.
                  - GeForce 7950 GT 512 Mb graphics card.

I can't wait to put everything together. This machine is going to kick ass.
                  Go with the eVGA nForce 680 mobo instead.
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: Re: I'm building myself a new computer!

Originally posted by LordShiva
                    Go with the eVGA nForce 680 mobo instead.
                    why?

Comment

Working...
                    X