Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beatles to make debut on British stamps

1 hour, 5 minutes ago

LONDON (Reuters) - The Beatles are set to feature on British postage stamps for the first time, the Royal Mail said on Thursday.

Some 37 years after the world's most famous pop group broke up, Britain's Royal Mail will release a set of six stamps on January 9 depicting iconic Beatles' album covers.

The stamps "celebrate the Beatles' extraordinary cultural contribution to Britain," the Royal Mail said.

The featured albums are "With the Beatles," "Help!" the groundbreaking 1966 album "Revolver," "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," "Abbey Road" -- with its famous photograph of the band walking across the street -- and "Let it Be," released in 1970 after the group disbanded.

The Fab Four from Liverpool conquered the world in the 1960s, becoming the most successful pop group in history.

John Lennon was murdered in New York in 1980 while George Harrison died of cancer in 2001. The surviving members are
    Ringo Starr and
    Paul McCartney, who is locked in a bitter divorce battle with Heather Mills.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

"There are places I remember..."
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

This is so gear!

Comment

A White Album stamp could be fun.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

They should have taken Please Please Me instead of With The Beatles. And Rubber Soul instead of Let It Be.

Other than that:
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

Beatles > Phil Collins, once again!
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Heather Mills
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

The stamps "celebrate the Beatles' extraordinary cultural contribution to Britain," the Royal Mail said.
                I love rock 'n' roll.
                I love culture.
                But the two concepts do not belong in the same sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  "There are places I remember..."
                  In my life, though some have changed....

Comment

Working...
                  X