Choose your death penalty...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choose your death penalty...

Last week, a judge struck down the way California carries out its death penalty. The case involved a convict getting a lethal injection. The doctor missed his vein, so it took him 1/2 hour to die. WTF??

When I was watching "Return of the Pirates," there was a scene where the People's Republic of China had captured some pirates operating from PRC territory. The pirates were forced to kneel. A soldier came up behind each, put the barrel of the rifle against the back of the pirate's head and, at a signal, they all pulled their triggers. Instant death for all pirates.

If I were going to be executed, the Chinese way seems to be the simplest, quickest and most painless.

If you were facing the death penalty, what method would you choose??

Utah used to give convicts the choice of firing squad if they wanted it.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'd take lethal injection in a heart beat. Well, you know what I mean.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Death by chocolate.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

The problem with the traditional firing squad is that there's a group of guys, standing at a distance, all firing at the same convict. Those who don't want a death on their conscience, purposely miss. Others are incompetent and miss. I wouldn't want to be shot to pieces but still be alive.

I like the Chinese method of point blank range by one guy. (Well, maybe "like" is too strong a word...)

Comment

Being locked in a room with several hot women until I die of a heart attack or exhaustion or something.

But it would take much longer than a "1/2 hour."
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
              The problem with the traditional firing squad is that there's a group of guys, standing at a distance, all firing at the same convict. Those who don't want a death on their conscience, purposely miss. Others are incompetent and miss. I wouldn't want to be shot to pieces but still be alive.

I like the Chinese method of point blank range by one guy. (Well, maybe "like" is too strong a word...)
              In Utah, one gun is loaded with a blank, so the shooters can always have a doubt about whether their shot killed him.

The shooters are police officers from the jurisdiction where the murder took place.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Re: Choose your death penalty...

Last week, a judge struck down the way California carries out its death penalty. The case involved a convict getting a lethal injection. The doctor missed his vein, so it took him 1/2 hour to die. WTF??

When I was watching "Return of the Pirates," there was a scene where the People's Republic of China had captured some pirates operating from PRC territory. The pirates were forced to kneel. A soldier came up behind each, put the barrel of the rifle against the back of the pirate's head and, at a signal, they all pulled their triggers. Instant death for all pirates.

If I were going to be executed, the Chinese way seems to be the simplest, quickest and most painless.

If you were facing the death penalty, what method would you choose??
                It's kind of messy that way. . And the death penalty execution is seen by journalists and victim's families. So perhaps it's a little to messy for them.

And then there is the fact of the matter of the guy who actually pulls the trigger. How could he feel good about his job when he comes home at the end of a long day? . I think we could build a robot to do our killing. Perhaps give it an ai and the ability to think for itself. I'm sure nothing will go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                  Being locked in a room with several hot women until I die of a heart attack or exhaustion or something.
                  The problem with this is that it would take countless manhours for the morticians to pry the smile off your face.

Comment

The problem with this is that it would take countless manhours for the morticians to pry the smile off your face.
                    That, and the fact that those women would never again be happy with any other man
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

That, and the fact that those women would never again be happy with any other man
                      why would I care about that?

Comment

You know when you go to the doctor to have something done... and they put you under anaesthesia? "Count to 3..." and then you wake up, and had felt absolutely nothing... Well I'd want to go like that. I really don't see why if we have to keep the death penalty, we can't just do it as humanely as possible.

Another humane (and cheaper) way would be asphixiation with straight nitrogen. (IIRC it knocks you out very quickly...)

Comment

this screams for a POLL !!

anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                            this screams for a POLL !!

Platypus Rex is right.

Anyway, I always thought that the Chinese method was far superior. Bang, one clean shot and bye bye. Maybe give the delinquent some tranquilizing pills before.

Or give him a normal anaesthetic injection and then to the Guillotine. It can't fail (Frenchmen perfectioned the method, for sure).

I don't care about the victim's relatives in this particular point. If they want to see the offender die, they'd better bare a little bit of blood (the person DIES there, blood or no blood is pretty irrelevant).
                            If you can't see someone die, simply don't go watch someone die.
                            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Shot in the head simultaneously from the four tetrahedral directions.

Comment

Working...
                              X