Cops are human too.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops are human too.

Here is something to chew on for awhile.

Icy roads are considered a factor in an accident that killed a Burlington woman on Christmas Eve.

Megan Carroll, 21, died after her Honda Civic collided with a Cadillac Deville driven by William Carr, 65, of Elkhorn. The accident took place at 11:07 p.m. Saturday on Highway 36, west of Walbrandt Road in Lyons Township.

Preliminary investigation shows that Carroll was traveling west on Highway 36 when she lost control of her car, striking the Cadillac.

Also in the Cadillac was Carr's wife, Marilyn Carr, 65.

The Carrs were transported to Memorial Hospital of Burlington. Their condition was not available at press time.

Crappy story in itself. Now imagine having to be the guy pounding on this girlss dad's door at 1 am on Christmas morning to tell him his daughter is dead.

Sometimes my job sucks.

Merry ****ing christmas...
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: Cops are human too.

Originally posted by Donegeal

Crappy story in itself. Now imagine having to be the guy pounding on this girlss dad's door at 1 am on Christmas morning to tell him his daughter is dead.

Sometimes my job sucks.

Merry ****ing christmas...
      A lousy job, yes. --But it's better than leaving the dad to spend the night wondering if his daughter's lying dead somewhere. Not knowing is 100 times worse than knowing the worst.

I was very greatful to the sheriff's deputy who called to tell me my aunt was dead. He did it with great grace, compassion and dignity.

Comment

I understand you, Donegeal...
        RIAA sucks
        The Optimistas
        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Re: Cops are human too.

Originally posted by Donegeal
          Sometimes my job sucks.
          However, you for sure don't.

I wish you the very best for the coming year.
          "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

You have a tough job, Donegeal. Hang in there.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

My sympathy, to both you and her family.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

You did what you had to do, Donegeal. Terrible thing, that
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I understand how u feel dongeal, working trauma surgery i have had the same experiences and trying to explain to the family you did the best you could some how doesnt seem to ease their pain any. But you have to believe in your heart that your doing your service, and doing more good then bad even if the bad is giving bad news on a holiday.
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                  "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                  Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Blah. Tough job. Somebody's gotta do it.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                    X