No announcement yet.

Do you fear death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to die but i'm not exactly afraid of it, just part of the natural cycle of things.
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

I'm not afraid of death, I know what comes after.

I'm afraid of the death process, and not least for how the ones I love would take it.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
        No, because I'll be born again.
        Meh, it even took the son of god 3 days to respawn, can you imagine how long it will be for us.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It took Faded Glory months
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

nope.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I fear the timing, the manner and the effects of my death more than the death itself. On the other hand I certainly fear the deaths of other people whom I'd miss painfully quite a bit and somewhat fear the deaths of a very large number of people whom I'd miss at least a little.

Death sucks IMHO. It would only not be a bother if everybody could choose the time and manner of dying for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                I don't fear the pain or death itself, however I do fear the concept of simply not-being (whatever that may or not be).
                qft

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                  I don't fear the pain or death itself, however I do fear the concept of simply not-being (whatever that may or not be).
                  me too. I was thinking about this last night. Yes I was having pleasant christmas thoughts. .

I was contemplating suicide (only the idea of it, not actually acting on it). And I found it hard to imaging not existing. It's hard concept to get around. What is it like not existing? Obviously you won't know, since you don't exist. . sometimes I do think maybe I'm wrong about this religion thing and I might go to hell.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    Death is like this. It's like you spend all these hours in the hot sun waiting to get into the best amusement park in the world, and then it's your turn to go inside.

wow, that comment is almost scary. so do you feel like we should feel happy for everyone who dies since they get to go play in the best amusement park for all eternity (assuming they are good christians, i suppose)? in fact you should feel happy about all those aborted babies. they get to go straight into the park instead of waiting in line!

Comment

I'll tell that to the cop when I waste some guy for cutting me off in traffic. i saved him a long wait in line.

Comment

I fear what I'd come back as.
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                        X