Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your favorite "button masher" ps2 games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your favorite "button masher" ps2 games?

Got my PS2....

If I want to do something cerebral, I play dominions 2/3 heh.

However I’ve always had a soft spot for quasi-mindless violent console games.

I've been bargain bin diving as of late, which has yielded me a ton of success.

So what PS2 games might you recommend? The last few bargain bin games I grabbed was resident evil 4, dynasty warriors 4 and soul calibur 2, all of which I loved.

A number of local stores sell old PS2 games for basically nothing.

No RPGs, strategy games or anything "involved" ala metal gear solid... I got metal gear solid 2/3 for $10.00 and was very disappointed.
    Last edited by Vesayen; December 25, 2006, 22:44.

Gradius V if you can find it is a great horizontal scrolling space shooter. Otherwise any of the Metal Slug games are good.

2D = Good
    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

I hate side scrollers heh....

Comment

DanQ should create a "Games" subforum in the OT.
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

fighters is not a real masher. Its just how n00bs choose to play fighters that earns them the name masher.

If any of you have Capcom Classic Collecton Vol II, This guy named David Sirlin, who is one of the biggest name in competitive street fighter scene, explains to you in neat lil video tutorial on how to play street fighter.

Just like how in chess, noobs get absorbed into capturing pieces, while pros play for territorial control, threats and etc. Fighting game has really deep meta-gameplay. Some good fighters have more depth thanthose rubbish stretegy genre games....
          :-p

Comment

soul caibur 2 is a good noob fighter game. Noob's main complaint and gripes are that theres a vast difference between a noob who does 2-3 hit combo on avg VS Pro who whenhe sees u open will launch a 30+ hit combo, thus the playability between the 2 is impossible unless noobs learn and take time to get the combo done right.

sc2 has no insane combos so the game relies and emphasizes other aspects of fighter strategy. therefore 2 thinking ppl can have a tactical match without th combo mayhem and explore other thigns as long as they arent button mashing.
            :-p

Comment

Working...
            X