• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwarzenegger breaks his leg while skiing

Not to worry. He'll be back.

07:48 AM CST on Sunday, December 24, 2006

Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO - California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger broke his leg while skiing with his family Saturday morning in Sun Valley, Idaho, a spokesman said.

Schwarzenegger, 59, was taken to a hospital for X-rays and was discharged with a fracture to his right femur, said Adam Mendelsohn, the governor's Deputy Chief of Staff for Communications.

He will have surgery to repair the bone when he returns to Los Angeles, Mendelsohn said. The governor remained at his Sun Valley home Saturday night and still planned to spend Christmas there.

No one else was involved in the accident, Mendelsohn said.

The fracture was the third medical problem the governor suffered in a year.

He spent several hours at a University of California, Davis, hospital last December with a rapid heartbeat after coming down with a stomach flu. In January, Schwarzenegger needed 15 stitches to repair his cut lip after colliding with a car while riding his Harley-Davidson motorcycle in Los Angeles.

The Sun Valley Resort, a favorite skiing destination for celebrities, includes a short ski trail named "Arnold's Run" after Schwarzenegger. The trail is categorized as a black diamond, or most difficult, for its challenging terrain.

The name and level of difficulty of the trail the governor was skiing when his accident occurred were not released.
    All kidding aside, a broken femur is serious. many times leading to death because of artery damage.
    Get well soon, Arnie.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Just don't let it ruin your Christmas
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I will not say anything childish like, "Ohhh, he broke his leg?? Does this mean we get to shoot him!?" Such a comment would be inappropriate and immature. I will not say it. I won't even think it. I won't. I won't. I won't.

Comment

That's hilariously ironic, considering I've been seeing tourism ads around here trying to get you to ski in California, featuring none other than the Governator himself
        But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
        PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

It just goes to show you that attempting to strike posses from Conan the Barbarian while going full speed down a ski slope isn't a good idea.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Hasta la vista, baby!

I wish for a quick recovery. But broken legs could take time to heal.
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

*Terminator skeleton rises from burning wreck, limps after Sarah Connor.*
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Makahlua
                That's hilariously ironic, considering I've been seeing tourism ads around here trying to get you to ski in California, featuring none other than the Governator himself
                I was just thinking that. Ski Heavenly!
                Last edited by Victor Galis; December 25, 2006, 10:04.
                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

He's getting old.
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

It's not a tuma!
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

*Arnold is in Govenors mantion seated by fireplace*
                      Govenator: Hello I am Anold, govenor of Califnia an extream skiing enthuziast, Asks yourself Ae you Man evof to try ze most EXTREAM skiing outside of Austria, if zo visit us in CalifoniIA and Brek a leg. *pan out to show leg in traction*
                      Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

I was really thinking more along the lines of: "Ski in California, or else..." (show Schwarzeneger's leg in cast)
                        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                        -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                          He's getting old.
                          I'm surprised he didn't break a hip.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                          X