Stupid Freaking Apple Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Freaking Apple Store

So I just logged on to the Apple Store to get a last-minute Christmas gift: an I-Tunes e-mail gift certificate. I fill out the amount, put it in the cart, and go to check out. But first I have to open an account. So I get to the billing address page and there's the warning:

"We cannot ship to PO boxes or APO and FPO addresses"

Irritating, but maybe it's no problem. After all, only my billing address is an FPO and, at any rate, the gift certificate is going to be sent by e-mail. Nothing is actually being shipped anywhere. So I enter my FPO billing address.

Nope.

Okay,

1) That's idiotic. I have a physical shipping address if they need it, but it's not my billing address, and if I enter it as my billing address it won't match my credit card and won't work.

2) There's a f*cking war on. How dare they not accept FPO and APO addresses? Why won't Apple support our troops? Why do they hate America (I'm only partly joking).

"I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Stupid Freaking Apple

Fixed.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Huh... that's quite moronic by Apple. I guess they don't realize that you can have a separate billing and shipping address? And that the billing address CAN be an FPO or APO without causing any problems because nothing is actually going to that box? But I'm guessing that would be too complicated for Apple to realize.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        Huh... that's quite moronic by Apple. I guess they don't realize that you can have a separate billing and shipping address? And that the billing address CAN be an FPO or APO without causing any problems because nothing is actually going to that box? But I'm guessing that would be too complicated for Apple to realize.
        Beyond which, they sell gift cards. You know who you send gifts to? OTHER PEOPLE!
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

That's another complication .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Re: Stupid Freaking Apple Store

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
            So I just logged on to the Apple Store to get a last-minute Christmas gift: an I-Tunes e-mail gift certificate. I fill out the amount, put it in the cart, and go to check out. But first I have to open an account. So I get to the billing address page and there's the warning:

"We cannot ship to PO boxes or APO and FPO addresses"

Irritating, but maybe it's no problem. After all, only my billing address is an FPO and, at any rate, the gift certificate is going to be sent by e-mail. Nothing is actually being shipped anywhere. So I enter my FPO billing address.

Nope.

Okay,

1) That's idiotic. I have a physical shipping address if they need it, but it's not my billing address, and if I enter it as my billing address it won't match my credit card and won't work.

2) There's a f*cking war on. How dare they not accept FPO and APO addresses? Why won't Apple support our troops? Why do they hate America (I'm only partly joking).

Can't you call your bank and see if they can approve the mismatch in the address, to allow it to go through?

Comment

Screw that; I just went out and got a different gift. Their loss.

Plus, carping about it put me over 500 posts, so I can get an avatar for Christmas!

Comment

Merry Christmas to Rufus

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                  Screw that; I just went out and got a different gift. Their loss.

Plus, carping about it put me over 500 posts, so I can get an avatar for Christmas!
                  Due to the new/very old(original) rules, you were already able to set a custom avatar.

Merry so on Rufus.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Happy Holidays Merry Christmas

Comment

Merry Christmas to all! Now it's off to spend Christmas in Hanoi!

Comment

I would post about the idiocies of Apple in Greece but then someone would jump up and post a silly post about greeks being backwards in everything. so i wont
                        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Greeks are backwards or something.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Apparently Greece doesn't have Internet access or Markos would be complaining about the Apple Store. Backwards Greeks
                            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                            X