New Reality Shows....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Reality Shows....

Whilst not a thread describing what new reality shows are possible, but more an observation of the 'standardised' formating that seems to emerging in the 'raw' reality genre, especially the new ones from the states that are hitting our shores now...

RULE 1: If there is a judging panel. in you panel of judges you must have a Simoel Cowel imitator. (ie. typically crusty english guy who gets by on oboxious comments, justified on the basis of the well, heys its the truth and if you can't handle it you shouldn't be in the business.)

RULE 2: Other judges must include the touchy feely nice girl and the swing(ing) judge, who should be from an ethnic minority.

RULE 3: The compare must also be english (or atleast psuedo upper class), blonde, long legs and big..... personalities. In some shows it appears that a bloody big mole on the face is an asset...

RULE 4: Sex, sex and more sex, or atleast the illusion of sex sex and more sex, especially during commericals advertising the show. Not that you get to see any.... that would offend viewer sensibilities tooo much

RULE 5: During any juding phase of the show, especially one where there are partners involved, the contestants should act like they have style and grace (eg: leading a woman on your arm the judging arena), even though the contestants themselves during the actual show put most red-necks to shame...

Still, if I had my choice for a reality show, i would say reopen the arena in Rome, and have the worlds politicians fit it out there to solve issues. Much more effective than the UN....
    "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
    "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Simoel?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

reality shows are still on tv?

Comment

People still watch TV?
        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

What's TV ?
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
          X