Another Thread for Debating Adult Stupidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Thread for Debating Adult Stupidity

Woman mistakenly puts infant grandson through Los Angeles airport X-ray machine

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A woman mistakenly put her month-old grandson through an X-ray machine at Los Angeles International Airport, authorities said.

A startled security worker noticed the shape of a child on the carry-on baggage screening monitor and immediately pulled him out, the Los Angeles Times reported for a story in Wednesday's editions.

The infant was taken to a local hospital, where doctors determined he did not receive a dangerous dose of radiation.

"This was an innocent mistake by an obviously inexperienced traveller," said Paul Haney, deputy executive director of airports and security for the city's airport agency.

The incident happened early Saturday, airport officials said.

Haney said in 1988, an infant in a car seat went through an X-ray machine at the Los Angeles airport.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

You could smuggle drugs in a baby.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

How does that happen, exactly? I've never been to an airport where there aren't people at the front of the security station making sure you put everything you are supposed to (and not supposed to) through the machine.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
          You could smuggle drugs in a baby.
          But the DEA dogs would sniff them out....or maybe not.

Comment

Kind of funny, in a way.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Silly b*tch!
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Apologies for the bad taste, but I found this kind-of-funny too.

Not funny at all, of course. I hope the baby is OK.

Comment

It's very funny because they said the baby wasn't exposed to more radiation than a days worth of cosmic rays.

Comment

When American troops were retreating from the Saigon embassy and letting Vietnamese leave with them, baby's diapers were checked for grenades. They actually did catch some people trying to smuggle grenades into the helicopters like that.
                    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                    The video may avatar is from

Comment

Nice to see a security-conscious and concerned mother. Most babies could explode any minute, if left unattended.

Comment

Working...
                      X