No announcement yet.

Need someone to lie for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it stop you posting? It strikes me that this "driving away" is a bit of an abstract concept.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Don't you ever get tired of hearing yourself yapping on and on about the same feeble obsessions all the time? Do you plan on checking in here daily for 5 minutes in all eternity just to prove some retarded point about supposedly not being driven away?

Bottom line, your presence on these boards suddenly dwindled to a near halt some time ago. And when you did actually post, your behaviour toward others seemed to have improved compared to before I took you to task over it. Of course, it could be because you now lead an oh-so rounded and fulfilled life, but in my opinion, what played a major part is you didn't like that somebody heaped significant abuse on you for having always been such a monumental arse toward your fellow posters. That's the small man you are, Lazarus and the Gimp, and you can save all the explanations and excuses for someone who actually respects you as a human being. If you can find them, which frankly I wouldn't count on.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
        Don't you ever get tired of hearing yourself yapping on and on about the same feeble obsessions all the time? Do you plan on checking in here daily for 5 minutes in all eternity just to prove some retarded point about supposedly not being driven away?
        I plan on checking in here frequently because, to be quite honest, I'm having fun. It's not every day you find out you've been driven away when you've spent half of the last month posting here, quietly oblivious to the fact. I'm having a whale of a time.

Bottom line, your presence on these boards suddenly dwindled to a near halt some time ago.

I was busy. I believe I've already mentioned that fact, but you seem to have difficulty believing that I've got a job, education targets, a family and other leisure commitments. You know- the sort of stuff men in their mid-30's tend to acquire.

I think you'd be surprised at just how often I was posting here, however.

And when you did actually post, your behaviour toward others seemed to have improved compared to before I took you to task over it.

"Others" being the crucial word. I get on OK with most regulars here. I've met quite a few of them too. The numbers I don't get on with can be numbered on the fingers of one hand.

Of course, it could be because you now lead an oh-so rounded and fulfilled life

I always did. Did you know I celebrated my tenth wedding anniversary this year? Life is good.

, but in my opinion, what played a major part is you didn't like that somebody heaped significant abuse on you for having always been such a monumental arse toward your fellow posters.

Has it really escaped your notice that I thrive on conflict and really enjoy a good rumble? I would have thought that might have been obvious by now, but not everyone's quick on the uptake.

That's the small man you are, Lazarus and the Gimp, and you can save all the explanations and excuses for someone who actually respects you as a human being. If you can find them, which frankly I wouldn't count on.

Do you know what's the funniest thing about this all? I think you genuinely believed you'd driven me away. How disappointed you must be.

Well, let's clear this up for good. You didn't drive me away. For one thing, I never left. For another, any attempt to do so would just have made me inclined to post more. I've been bored away from sites, but never driven away.

It's business as usual, Winston. Merry Christmas. Have a mince pie and pretend I bought it for you.

Comment

So which is it, were you too busy, or did you post just like you always did? At least get your desperate attempts at an explanation straight.

Yeah, Merry Christmas. Say hello to your rounded and fulfilled canary.

Comment

Well, Winston. If you look at the post I linked to in which I spent a solid week arguing with Cal, you'll notice that I said I'd been away for a few weeks.

Comment

Sorry, I only read your blabberings when I'm arguing with you. And even then, only very reluctantly. You're like the skunk of Apolyton to me, and I'm far from being alone with that sentiment. Despite what you would like to have yourself believe.

Comment

Winston drove me away.

(Well, actually I just grew bored with you losers for a while, but if he thinks he drove me away maybe he'll be happier.)
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Sorry, I only read your blabberings when I'm arguing with you. And even then, only very reluctantly. You're like the skunk of Apolyton to me, and I'm far from being alone with that sentiment. Despite what you would like to have yourself believe.

So do you still think you've driven me away? I think that at some point you really are going to have to concede that you've made boasts that you really are struggling to live up to.

Or is this part of some sort of extra-fiendish ninja driving away? Where you attempt to force me into believing I've been driven away in the face of all evidence to the contrary through the sheer elemantal force of surreal repetition?

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                    (Well, actually I just grew bored with you losers for a while, but if he thinks he drove me away maybe he'll be happier.)
                    You'd like to think so, wouldn't you? But noooooooo....

Subtle, you see? He drove you away. In fact, you're still driven away right now. The fact that you still post here is meaningless. He's driven away your sorry ***** ass, just like he did mine.

Comment

@ thread
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

You said earlier that you'd been bored away from sites; if you keep up that frustratingly boring routine of yours much longer and read it back a couple of times, you're bound to vanish for good. Unless of course you were lying about that too.

With such a rounded and fulfilled life, I'm surprised that your posting style remains so ridiculously trite.

Then again, maybe you're just too busy to put in more of an effort.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
                          @ thread
                          me too

Ohh and I didn't post here for two days at one point last month . I wonder did anyone drive me away
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                            Even so, Laz, some might say you have a tendency to be a mite... erm... abrasive?
                            Some say that about me too.

Maybe that's why I like Laz and Asher...
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You said earlier that you'd been bored away from sites; if you keep up that frustratingly boring routine of yours much longer and read it back a couple of times, you're bound to vanish for good. Unless of course you were lying about that too.

With such a rounded and fulfilled life, I'm surprised that your posting style remains so ridiculously trite.

Then again, maybe you're just too busy to put in more of an effort.
                              I'm to conclude it takes you a lot of effort to come up with lame insults?
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I think lots of people respect Laz. His writings on topics both historical and current tend to be fairly spot on.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X