Sretna Slava!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sretna Slava!

Today is my Slava. It's my family's House Patron's Saint's Day. Essentially, it's the day commemorating when my family converted to Christianity.

The holiday does not mean much to me in the sense that I am a religious person. The whole going to church thing is not really my style. I'm sure many of you will be surprised to hear that.

The holiday is very important to my mom and grandfather. It's nice to get the family together, go to church to spin this decorated bread thingy around (the Slavski Kolac) with our fingers... kiss it, pour wine on it, then go home and have a nice dinner.

The day is about being with family more than anything. As I've gotten older I've come to enjoy this holiday more because I don't get to see everyone as much.

I also don't mind having to give up meat and dairy for the day since I don't eat much of that stuff now anyways.

So wish me a "Sretna Slava".

I'm going to go to the church in about 45 minutes. I always love Serbian churches... they have the coolest stained glass. The angels are always stabbing these evil guys in the face with spears and stuff.

WASPy churches are boring.

Catholics will molest you.

And Baptists are too singy for me. At least the black people are. I think the white Baptists are the ones who tell me Jesus will save me from the pits of hell and that I'm healed. Too theatrical.

Serbian churches are cool because you can't understand the services, the priest does this chant/singing in a real deep voice kind of like a Buddhist monk (which I also can't understand), and I get to admire the battle scenes of the stained glass windows.

The only downside is that I almost choke to death on the Frankincense.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Catholics will molest you? Sometimes it's the catholics that gets molested:

The attackers texted such messages as "When you are feeling down ... bash a Christian or Catholic and lift up".[16] and "I've got a slut with me bro, come to Punchbowl".

Aye mate, what are you, a Slava? Sounds like slut to me, me and my mates are dropping by in a minute, grease your ass!!!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Sretna Slava, Sava.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka

Aye mate, what are you, a Slava? Sounds like slut to me, me and my mates are dropping by in a minute, grease your ass!!!
        You try anything and I will crown your ass!
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sretna Slava, Sava.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Sretna slava, Sava.

Comment

my family's House Patron's Saint

This is excessively silly.
              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Sretna Slava.
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

Sretna Slava Sava Balaclava!

"Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                    Catholics will molest you? Sometimes it's the catholics that gets molested:

Violent rapists are the ones who do deserve the death penalty. I just get pissed off when they sentence teenage kids to prison for having consentual sex.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Well.. send the kid a letter of support, and send a letter to legislators to pull their head out of their asses. Takes less than 30 minutes, costs less than 5 bucks but is something.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                      X