Swallow pride, yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swallow pride, yay or nay?

So, do you swallow your pride for the betterment of yourself (career/lovelife/general health) or do you stick to your principles even though the circumstances mean that you are the only one that loses out in the particular situation by doing so?
    Swallow
    33.33%
    Spit
    44.44%
    Banananananananananas all the way down baby
    22.22%
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

How is pride equal to principles?

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Cos I is saying so matey, capiche?
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I try to swallow my pride whenever it is needed, but I try to never leave my principles.

So I don't see how I can vote on this.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I'm with Jon.
          I try real hard not to compromise principles.
          But pride? Ego? Bah!

Comment

You guys have principles?

Learn something new everyday.
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

First principle:
              Hit Ogie Oglethorpe in the head with a hammer.

Comment

Stick to what you think is right. You may be wrong, but you may be only one proven to be right in the long run.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'll stick with my principles, unless there's a great benefit letting it go for once.

And then again this depends on the principle, if it's something very important, and the benefit woudl come from an act that is against my moral beliefs, I'm sticking to the princinple. As in, I would not hurt another person to get ahead.

Also, I don't go and mind the business of other people, when it isn't hurting me or anyone else. I dont' care what the benefit is, this is the big rule for me so I don't go around this one.

Loyalty is one principle I would not endanger for no reason. loyalty towards my friends, family and stuff. I do not step back or down in this issue and I'm sticking to it, even if it makes me fumble a bit. One of the rare things I'm not willing to trade for money or anything else.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I swallow . . . . .

uh, never mind, don't want to get into the details.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

BC, easier if you give us the specifics.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                        I swallow . . . . .

uh, never mind, don't want to get into the details.
                        It is Christmas season, knock it OFF.

Comment

Working...
                        X