New Sports Sub Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sports Sub Forum

Sometimes it's hard to find all the sports threads... Now it isn't. We've created a new Sports Sub Forum for the OTF. Enjoy!
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Argh.. I think the History forum has shown that subforums are not always a good idea.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Sometimes it's hard to find the Suomithreadi (because nobody posts in it anymore). We need a Finnish subforum for the OTF .
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Argh.. I think the History forum has shown that subforums are not always a good idea.
          agreed

Comment

Sports???

What's next: a Babe subforum?
            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

I'm not too thrilled with all these new initiatives from the management. Why can't you just let things be the way they've always been - the way that's been proven to work - instead of constantly experimenting with post counts, custom avatars, subforums, babe threads (soon to be announced, I'm quite certain) and whatnot. You're trying to fix something that isn't broken, thereby running a considerable risk of actually ruining things instead of (unnecessarily) improving them.

Comment

Well, Winston, I think the post count, custom avatars, and babe threads are what used to be allowed at Poly. They are reactionary measures which are good because we love them so .

Subforums, though are radical ideas which should be stamped out

I would expand more on the history of such things, but I'm in the wrong subforum for that .

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Subforums, though are radical ideas which should be stamped out
                  The only logical end result of unbounded increase of subforums is branching threads !
                  This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Couple things:

1) In the Sports sub-forum, a question came up about the 2 threads a day limit. It was my understanding that sub-forums are separate from that. Correct?

2) The Sports sub-forum is not listed on the main forum page (History sub-forum is, though). Btw, to increase History sub-forum traffic, I suggest scouring the CivIV forum, seeing which threads devolve into history debates that have little to do with the game (plenty of threads do) and move them to the History sub-forum.

Comment

I think what we need is a Math forum. Keep all those strange people quarantined.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I know! Let's have a sub-forum in which we can discuss various Civilization games! We can talk about strategies, tips, arrange MP games, etc.
                        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          I think what we need is a Math forum. Keep all those strange people quarantined.
                          . Except not to quarantine us, but to give us a home!

Comment

Originally posted by germanos
                            What's next: a Babe subforum?
                            Now we're talking
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

I rest my case.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X