Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for old American comedy..

Actually few..

I think they must be done .. somewhere between 60s-70s or so... so not THAT old, but still old enough for me not to be able to figure them out, unless some of you guys help.

I think that all these movies have one of three actors, Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis or Jerry Lewis. Of course I checked out imdb.com first but they have made so many movies it's impossible..

I must have been somewhere between 6 to 9 years old when I saw these, so I can only remember few scenes. So we're gonna have to go with description of few scenes.. please help me if you have an idea about the movie I'm trying to remember..

The first one I think has Jerry Lewis in it. In the opening scene, he is alone in this room and tries to sit in this chair, and he keeps going down because it's slippery. He goes into weird positions and just tries to .. be on his feet. This is all I remember.

The second movie had pirates.. there was a man and woman, I think, and they came to this really rough town of pirates with a boat and the first thing when they stepped to the pier, some pirate stabbed another pirate in the back. This is all I remember..

Then this other movie, which might be part of these two movies and I'm just mixing it up, is where, I think Jack Lemmon or Jerry Lewis is in a house, and 'invents light' by lighting a match. It looked like something from the Papillon.

OK, suggestions..
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

I think my new job starts in january of february so I'll have some money and I wanted to build up my DVD collection with the good movies and classics like these. So I'm buying, not downloading from the internet..
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

If anyone of you get anyone of these movies right, I'll take a picture of my butt in boxers.

this is a PROMISE!

Now, masses of Apolyton, use your force!
      In da butt.

Comment

Have you checked www.imdb.com ?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yes. There's so many movies in there from these actors that it's next to impossible which one is right. I only remember these scenes.

But if someone knows the movie I'm talking about, and describes it, I bet I start remembering more and verify.

Also, if someone should win this competition, they can opt for NO PICTURE.

So I see this should be a race between the guys who don't want to see other guys butt versus the man sluts.

Good luck!
          In da butt.

Comment

Re: Looking for old American comedy..

Originally posted by Pekka
            ... Of course I checked out imdb.com first but they have made so many movies it's impossible...

Comment

Looking for old American comedy..
              SlowwHand?
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I don't suppose the pirate movie is The Vikings, with Tony Curtis, is it?
                I'm trying, so no slander, ok?

Harrison, go for a drive.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I don't think that's it... I also think it's a comedy.
                  In da butt.

Comment

oooh. All comedies. Ok.

Goodbye Charlie has a boat in it.

Comment

The Finnish perception of what constitutes good comedy is truly amazing.

Comment

Jerry Lewis in Family Jewels is a possibility.

Comment

Hmhhh... I have to check that one out a bit.
                          In da butt.

Comment

Dunno about Jerry Lewis and Tony Curtis (both NOT funny) but you can't go wrong with Jack Lemmon and Walther Matthau.
                            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                            And notifying the next of kin
                            Once again...

Comment

QFT...except in Boeing Boeing, in which they were paired and very funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X