Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw 3 - what's the point?

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway. This movie sucked. The only thing it tried to play was brutality, and even then it failed. I mean, the first one was good, because it had an idea. A bit twisted and sick, and it worked.

But for the third time, the same idea, with even less of a plot? Nah... it just tried to get in as much 'brutal' scenes as possible and in my mind it failed. It was brutal, sure, but as someone who has love for Japanese flicks, this was just another day in the office.

YOu don't need brutality to.. to make people feel uncomfortable. For example, Silence of the Lambs - when it came out, it was excellent and it sent better vibes, and not much actual brutality. But it had more balls in it.

I don't, as well as most of us, feel 'uncomfortable' to see someone drilling on someones head, get some skull out and do some brain operation. Tune into Discovery channel and you'll see that. You know, that's not absolutely disgusting, that's just an operation. Sure some people go Ewwwwww, but the point was to make you uncomfortable. THis just doesn't do it.

This movie is a failure. My recommendation, LESS brutality, MORE plot, and more of that smart kind of .. twisted feeling. Needs to be more psychological than this.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Killing people.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

money was the point.

Comment

whoha, exactly.

And I predict there will be Saw 4, judging from the ending plus knowing how greedy people are. There will be prolly 10 more of this crap.

Hey how about this for a game, make a movie that doesn't repeat itself into oblivion? Give some new moves and turns on it.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Hostile was just as bad

save your money
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Saw was crappy... I can only imagine how bad Saw 3 is (I can only imagine, because there's no way that I'm going to pay money to watch it)
            I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

It depends on the type. The longer, the more points.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Saw III is sh1t.

Comment

So here you have a very brutal movie. As you say yourself, Silence of the Lambs did these uncomfortable vibes better.

Which is not surprising. This Saw will go down in history as yet another average movie (or maybe worse than average, I dunno). Silence of the Lambs wins multiple Academy Awards and gets remembered as a classic. Duh.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Anthony Hopkins made a little difference. It had plot.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I actually liked Saw3, but then again the random brutality pleased me (I also hadn't seen Saw2 first).

Having said that, Hostel I really didn't like. At points I sat there thinking 'I don't wanna become desensitised to this crap".

Comment

Hay guys, did anyone else notice the incredible pun in the thread title?

Comment

HEYY, red_jon sighting!

about the uncomfortable feeling many of these movies try to give to the audience, I mean this just isn't the way IMO. I can't put my finger on how you should do it, like Hopkins did in his movie.

But one thing that sure makes a difference is the.. character building and acting. In Silence of the Lambs, Hopkins is good. I mean, you really think he is this intelligent psychopath, dangerous in gets into his victims heads.

Little brutality, but more suggesting it than showing it. Works like charm. In Saw 3, there was no character in it, just some dude who wanted to 'play a game'. Like I said, if it had any good ideas, it was already presented in the first one, and there was no twist into the old plot either, so it was the same thing all over again, except a bit worse.
                          In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                          X