No announcement yet.

Judge upholds detainee rights terror law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sloww: Are you realy such a fool to belive the loss of Habeus Corpus for "Non Citizens" is not the loss of Habeus Corpus for EVERYONE!

They have already held a man who was an American citizen (he was born in the US when his parents were vacationing here and subsequently lived the rest of his life in a forign country) in Guantanimo in clear violation of Habeus Corpus. Guess what without a hearing the man couldn't get his citizenship recognized. Any eception to Habeus Corpus is the elimination of Habeus Corpus exactly because the detainee can not appeal their status, anyone including YOU OR ME can be labeled a non-Citizen and detained indefinatly and their would be no legal recourse.

I can only hope the SCOTUS knock this down or the Dems repeal the law (preferbly the former to set presedent).
    Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

I'll tell you what. They don't like it, they can write their congressman.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Judge upholds detainee rights terror law

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        Not a citizen, you don't get the rights and liberties af a citizen. Makes sense.

(But it will.)

Then you shouldn't have brought them into your country. Or better "hidden them away on an army base in another country".
        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I don't know why all those whiney people are complaining about Guantanamo so much- with all those cages and activities, it looks just look one of those kiddie play centres, but for adults!

God that'd be fun.

Comment

I thought it was pretty clear that this was unconstitutional.

This is fascistic. I've resisted using that term for a while, but at some point you gotta call a spade a spade.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
            X