• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the Origins of Hindu Civilization

India's men come up short in condom study
    Dec. 8, 2006. 12:24 PM
    REUTERS NEWS AGENCY

NEW DELHI — Condoms designed to meet international size specifications are too big for many Indian men as their penises fall short of what manufacturers had anticipated, an Indian study has found.

The Indian Council of Medical Research, a leading state-run centre, said its initial findings from a two-year study showed 60 per cent of men in the financial capital Mumbai had penises about 2.4 cm shorter than those condoms catered for.

For a further 30 per cent, the difference was at least 5 cm. A poor fit meant the prophylactics often didn't do the job they were bought for, and led to some tearing or slipping off during use.

"One of the reasons for a failure of up to 20 per cent (of condoms) is the association of the size of the condom to the erect penis," the council's Dr. Chander Puri told Reuters, adding another reason was couples often put them on in a hurry.

Puri said many men in India, which has the world's highest HIV positive caseload, were too shy to ask for condoms.

"We need more vending machines for condoms of different sizes so people can pick a condom with confidence that is suited to their needs," he said.

The Times of India reported the ICMR survey had studied 1,400 men between 18-50 years of age in cities like Mumbai and New Delhi as well as in rural areas in a report. It entitled its story "Indian men don't measure up."
    Indian women
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Sympathetic American: Ouch...that must hurt the ego...

Indian girl: Well, I can tell you that's the only thing that's hurting...
    A thing either is what it appears to be; or it is not, but yet appears to be; or it is, but does not appear to be; or it is not, and does not appear to be.--Epictitus

Comment

I see Asher has just received his latest issue of "Penis Monthly."

I thought Africa had the highest caseload of HIV with India and Southeast Asia 2nd.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.â€
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
        bleh

Comment

I hope this doesn't drive up the price of the XXL Magnum size
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Why ?

You're afraid of an elephant population explosion ?
            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

No
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis
                Why ?

You're afraid of an elephant population explosion ?
                On the contrary, he likes elephants...
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi

I thought Africa had the highest caseload of HIV with India and Southeast Asia 2nd.
                  It probably means caseload as in, someone is trying to do something about it. It just happens in Africa.

Comment

Whats the size of the condom?
                    I need a foot massage

Comment

If you have to ask, I don't think it applies to you.

Comment

But Asher, considering your case, shouldn't you be saying "Lucky Indian homosexual men"?

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm

But Asher, considering your case, shouldn't you be saying "Lucky Indian homosexual men"?
                          There are no homosexuals in India.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

There are no homosexuals in India.
                            Uhh.... What?

Are you saying that Indians have small cheneys but are never homo? The stereotype is getting weirder....

Comment

Homosexuals have big penises, Indians have small penises -----> no homos in India.

Comment

Working...
                              X