Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Oracle / SQL + help

For something very basic actually.

The guy who is training me to replace him while he's on vacation after his wife has their baby... is gone since his wife has had their baby 3 weeks early. So he hasn't had the time to put down all the info i needed or to train me.

What i need to do is get a listing of all the tables in the database. Can anyone tell me the command to do this?

Thanks!
    What?

Do you guys use a DB development environment (eg DBArtisan)?

For Oracle, command-line, you want "desc dba_tables"

That's assuming you're the DBA. Else, "desc all_tables"

desc object_tables shows object tables.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      For Oracle, command-line, you want "desc dba_tables"
      That's the one.

Thanks!

What?

Comment

[consultant]
        That will be $531.34 please.
        [/consultant]
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

[Consultant working for Company working for Government of Canada] Sure. Also: We should have a working weekend on the Cote d'Azur to discuss why you're able to keep your billing rates so low. We'll take care of the bill of course. [/Consultant working for Company working for Government of Canada]
          What?

Comment

[consultant]
            I'll touch base with you on this tomorrow. I will need to confer with my partners and set up a teleconference tomorrow. I will fly out to have a meeting with you the following day. At that point we can discuss this further.

I will need another $409.09 for this effort.
            [/consultant]

Comment

And here you have it: just another Quebecois taking advantages of Alberta's resources and Ottawa's money.
              What?

Comment

Working...
              X