No announcement yet.

Internet Explorer 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox fails in a few areas, where IE has improved on.

Such as?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Wake me up when IE has Adblock Plus.

Comment

My personal gripes is with CSS and just plain HTML, FF has such aggrivating issues with it. What are they trying to do? Set new standards?

Slow to open the first time it is opened.
        Boring Windows98-style interface.

This is what I can remember off the top of my head. The last time I checked the list of problems on mozilla's site, it was quite long and some were serious, granted, many must be fixed by now, but I am still getting the same issues I have above.

I just did a test for fun, it took me 7 seconds to open FF and 1 second to open IE. That's enough for me to use IE7 over FF.

Upon opening FF a 2nd time, it takes 2 seconds. Sorry, I just can't deal with that. :P
        be free

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          Wake me up when IE has Adblock Plus.
          Why? Does it block ads? pop-ups or on-site ads? If on-site ads, I actually prefer them there, otherwise the site looks odd.

If popups, well I've have never seen one since I started using IE7. (Of course, before that, I used google toolbar to block ads in IE6.)
          be free

Comment

Why? Does it block ads? pop-ups or on-site ads? If on-site ads, I actually prefer them there, otherwise the site looks odd.

On-site ads, and most of the time it actually fixes the page so it looks right afterward (or at least doesn't leave big blank spaces).

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
              My personal gripes is with CSS and just plain HTML, FF has such aggrivating issues with it. What are they trying to do? Set new standards?
              Example?

Slow to open the first time it is opened.
              So set it to open on startup like IE does.

Boring Windows98-style interface.
              I'll grant you Firefox looks like a traditional Windows program out of the box, but I think that's a plus...

I just did a test for fun, it took me 7 seconds to open FF and 1 second to open IE. That's enough for me to use IE7 over FF.

Upon opening FF a 2nd time, it takes 2 seconds. Sorry, I just can't deal with that. :P
              It took me 17 seconds on my laptop to open IE7 and fully load www.google.ca for the first time in a ~24 hour session.
              It took me 3 seconds on my laptop to load Firefox2 and fully load www.google.ca

As you can see, most of this depends on the program sitting in RAM or the pagefile...these tests are stupid.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

FF is always open on my computer, except I restart it when it gets somewhere between 500MB and 1GB

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                  Why? Does it block ads? pop-ups or on-site ads?
                  All of the above.

If on-site ads, I actually prefer them there, otherwise the site looks odd.
                  Then you're crazy.

Comment

Asher, something that goes wrong with FF (might happen with IE7 too, haven't tested): when I go into standby, occasionally the image cache is corrupted and most or all images are replaced with black with periodic green things. This includes things like the little google icon in the search bar. I have to clear the cache to fix it. Any idea why that happens?

Comment

Not a clue, never happened to me and I do standby all the time.

Comment

Every time I use my university mail with IE7 it asks me a Yes/No security question on every page, so I do hate IE7 simply for that. Plus despite what PH said in the other thread, I've not installed the Genuine crud and it did let me install IE7 (Unfortunately).

Comment

Gibsie, IMO the best thing about IE7 is that it's really easy to uninstall.

I had it running for about 2 or 3 days but didn't like the interface nor the fact that I couldn't get it to save cookies (there may be a conflict with another program I'm running).

So I uninstalled and went back to IE6. No probs.

I guess that if I ever do want to update, Firefox will be the obvious choice.

Comment

Working...
                          X