Internet Explorer 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caligastia

Two keys v one click...no competition. I didn't know about the add new tab button that Asher pointed out though.
    Doesn't make a lot of sense. You're going to have to type a URL in anyway, CTRL-T is faster and easier.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
      In Firefox a new tab opens up immediately. In IE is takes a second or two.
      I had to use IE7 for this one website that kept crashing IE Tab in Firefox. It was so painfully slow
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Ok, ok ctrl-t is the way to go.
        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Eli is right, it's not just one click.. true players use too much shortkeys anyway. Because it's fun and useful.

Oh and Asher, I didn't know about that, double click on the empty space, thanks, pretty cool actually

Cali, that's definitely the way to go. You get used to it and you wonder why you ever used mouse for this anyway. You grow to it and once you are in perfect co-existance, life will be perfect. Guaranteed.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Also...middle click on links opens them in a new background tab. Same as CTRL-click.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Use mouse gestures and you'll never go back to hovering over a tiny button and clicking anything. Just right click and move the mouse down, and you get a new tab. Do this anywhere on the screen. No focusing on a tiny button to do something as simple as opening a tab.

Comment

Mouse gestures are completely annoying. I've tried to use them and like them but they're bull****, especially when you use a laptop.

CTRL-T > mouse gestures.

Comment

Mouse gestures do suck hairy balls.. because you'll be always initializing some weird crap when you go clickitylcickclcikccli like you do...
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Re: was it

Originally posted by pchang
                    pushed to your computer as an update or did you install it yourself?
                    Dunno about the others, but for me it was an "update."

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
                      I like it better than Firefox because it's easier to open a new browsing tab. In Firefox it takes 2 clicks, in IE7 it is only one.
                      In Firefox it takes two keypresses: ctrl-T, which is far better than even 1 click. (IE7 has the same hotkey.)

Comment

Firefox is better than anything else out there because of extensions.

That said, it needs to be ****ING THREADED. One tab loading, even one tab running Javascript, shouldn't block my ability to use the entire browser!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                          That said, it needs to be ****ING THREADED.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well it needs to be more so on some sites (*cough*slashdot*cough*) when I open a page the whole browser freezes for a good 30 seconds at least.

Comment

I know what you're saying, but it's a lot more complicated than "making it threaded". FF is heavily threaded, the problem is it's not as simple as it sounds to have each tab exist in its own thread. That will be added, but the focus for FF3.0's engine is on massive refactoring of the engine to make the design cleaner and fully standards compliant. At that point it's far easier to do performance tweaks such as each-tab-is-a-thread.

Comment

It's not relevant who did it first; the only thing that is relevant is. 1. Is it implemented and 2. Is it implemented well.

Firefox fails in a few areas, where IE has improved on. So I use IE; if FF can improve itself to be better than IE, then I will use FF; but for now, it just isn't quite there yet.

The only thing I really like about FF over IE is the error reporting. It pinpoints where any bugs in your script are; IE does not, but I can understand why Microsoft chose that path, they have a broader audience to think of.

btw, Ctrl-T works in IE7 as well.
                                be free

Comment

Working...
                                X