Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer 7

So is it basically Firefox with clicks?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I like it better than Firefox because it's easier to open a new browsing tab. In Firefox it takes 2 clicks, in IE7 it is only one.
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Like Firefox tried to be Opera and failed? Yep.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Does Opera have tabbed browsing?

Comment

I don't know, but IE7 has clicking sounds which is the selling point for me.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
              I like it better than Firefox because it's easier to open a new browsing tab. In Firefox it takes 2 clicks, in IE7 it is only one.
              Control-T...

Or add the "New tab" button to your toolbar in Firefox...which existed before IE7's implementation.

Or just double click in a blank tab space.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Cali, dude, all sexy players use shortkeys.. ctrl+t is elegant, sufficient, superb and brilliant.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  Like Firefox tried to be Opera and failed? Yep.
                  Look at screenshots of Opera pre-Firefox, then post-Firefox. The impersonation is the other way around.

And, for the record, Firefox is successful, Opera is the one that failed.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

IE 7 is like Opera, but not as good, IMHO. You have tabs, zoom and mouse gestures. But in every case, Opera's functionality is better.

I really like Opera's ability to set a default zoom. I haven't figured that out yet for IE 7.

Also, when you clicked on a open tab, Operal brought you back to the previous tab you were viewing. IE 7 does nothing.

IE 7 is only 3-4 years behind Opera. Unfortunately, only IE 7 works with Active X and other propriety MS functionality.
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

was it

pushed to your computer as an update or did you install it yourself?
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Control-T...

Or add the "New tab" button to your toolbar in Firefox...which existed before IE7's implementation.

Or just double click in a blank tab space.
                        Um...why aren't you supporting Microsoft's product?!

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          Cali, dude, all sexy players use shortkeys.. ctrl+t is elegant, sufficient, superb and brilliant.
                          Two keys v one click...no competition. I didn't know about the add new tab button that Asher pointed out though.

Comment

In Firefox a new tab opens up immediately. In IE is takes a second or two.
                            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Two keys v one click...no competition.

Keyboard vs Mouse. No competition.

It's not just one click, you have to bring the mouse to that point first.
                              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Working...
                              X