Time...again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time...again...

How come everybody thinks life is to short, but everyone cant wait until friday?

I try to enjoy everyday as much as possible? I try to think about it often. Do you?

The reason I think about it so much is that some 10 or so years ago, I was diagnosed with a disease that almost cost me my legs;. So now, almost once a week, since then, I think about how lucky I am to walk. Mostly when I am outside though. But I try to enjoy it the most I can.

So do you think you are you the kind of person that cant wait til Friday but then you will complain when your 50 years old that time went by to fast?

Sloww, are you sad that time went by to fast?

EDIT: WOOHOO! Spelling checker! good for me!

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

is the disease acute leglossitis?

I try to enjoy every day while also looking forward to certain things. It's a fine balance you have to work between living for today and tomorrow. but never live for the past.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I guess it's a different scale. Often when I'm in the middle of an essay I'm not enjoying, or have lots of menial stuff on my todo list, I wish I could just miss a day and it'd all be done. Yet I do feel that university has gone by way to fast. It's more that those days are rare. I enjoy 95% of my moments immensely, there's just a few I wish wouldn't take so damn long!
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
        is the disease acute leglossitis?
        Benign tumor to the sacrum (the bone where the nerves all split up to go to the penis and legs), it was choaking my nerves and eating the bone. It was as big as a grapefruit...When they opened me up to remove it, there was a big chance that when I woke up, I wouldn't feel my legs anymore and I would be paralysed. To this day, I cant feel 2 toes from my right foot (but they move) and the back of my thigh.

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Holy Guacamole, that is intense! This kind of reminds me of the Saw movie series though, where it takes near death or extreme situations before you can truly appreciate certain things you might take for granted.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Spec, what you describe is the work-life conflict.

Saving up for years is a wierd one. You miss out on life now, so you can have a better life in the future. What you described is basically saving up for the weekend.

Not many people have the luxury of a job they don't hate. Fair play to those that do though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
              Benign tumor to the scrotum
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Hardy har har.

Spec.

Comment

I've been suffering from an Athritic type condition for about 6 months now (coming on slowly) that limited my mobility. Fortunatly I've just been put on a new drug (yesterday) which seems to be working already
                  Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Re: Time...again...

Originally posted by Spec
                    How come everybody thinks life is to short,
                    EDIT: WOOHOO! Spelling checker! good for me!
                    You need to take your spell checker in for maintenance. It's "too".

but everyone cant wait until friday?
                    The concept is "wishing your life away".

Sloww, are you sad that time went by to fast?
                    Once again, it's "too".
                    It does go fast, so yeah, sometimes.
                    Thanks for bringing it up, peckerhead.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I generally am not sure what day it is, and occasionally which month escapes me.

Comment

I'm guilty of this. I don't enjoy my life nearly as much when I'min the US as when I'm 'home'in the Philippines. Everything focuses around saving for going there and being there and making our stay there even more enjoyable. Dolores and I just had a talk about refocusing on our goals. I was buying coffee out at a dollar or two a cup once or twice a day. She's buying alot of cosmetics and trinkets for the house. This is all for enjoyment here, but that's not what our goals are. So I went and got a lb of really good coffee I can make myself and she's going to curtail her spending also. This willlessen our 'living for today' and make it possible to enjoy tomorrow so to speak.

We both know it's worth it though.

Also, I don't feel that by smiling I'm actually altering my mood, I'm just distorting my face. So, I only smile when I smile. No artificial hype is a good goal too.
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                        X