No announcement yet.

Happy Independence Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course it is ironic that without Russia, we wouldn't have gained our independence the way we did. Maybe later, but we were an autonomy and basically got independence so.. it's pretty cool.

I'd say the advances made from.. of course all the time, but especially from the 80s onwards has been pretty good. The skyrocketing should continue in certain fields, we do have a vision (well some of us), where our mission during the days of globalization is to be highly educated and work on those few very spesific fields in the very top, and that way keep some of that cheese.

My opinion is that we should really start to have more ownership, we really should start investing more, manufacturing will be gone so we need to have our reach in the locations where that should be going, like China for example. But not blind investing or reaching. The other option is that we'll be working for other people. That's a no go, we need to make other people work for us.

Future is going to be tough, we can't be manufacturing so much, there's only so many people, so what we are relying on in the future is pretty much innovation. Most likely in the high tech field... so we'll see when the downfall starts
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
      I must be missing something, I thought Russia gained independence from Finland.
      They did, but they are a bit more discrete with their joy - they don't want to risk a reunificaiton discussion
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
      X