This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE7: An Interesting Observation...

In order to be able to install IE7 (not that I am particularly interested in it anyway) I have been prompted that I need to install the Windows Genuine Advantage Notification tool in order to proceed. I don't think so, and I seriously doubt many people would (I wonder what proportion of home licences on XP are actually legit).

So I don't think I'll bother. I bet this seriously hurts the uptake of IE7
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

I highly doubt it hurts update of IE7 much at all.

Comment

It's already required for Updates. It has been.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Why would anyone want to update to IE7????
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Because it's far better than IE6?????

Comment

Why would anyone want to use IE6, in order to update to IE7?
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

As far as the experience of my colleagues go,
              it may only be better if it doesn´t destroy your OS beyond repair
              or causes other harm.

And it looks like there are very high chances of such things happening
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Sounds like Microsoft have got it right this time
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

This thread was first dammit
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Yes, but theirs is still active, has more posts, and is a general thread, not a specific question. But since we only need one IE7 thread...

(NB: If you feel there's stuff here you want to keep open for discussion, PM me and I'll merge them, but 2 days dead suggests not.)
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Working...
                    X