NASA plans permanent moon base by 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

Cheap hos can't afford travelling to moon.
    Perhaps we could have indentured servitude contracts like in the British colonies... maybe safe passage in exchange for 4,000 hummers.
    Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
      Reality check:

The cost of launching one pound of whatever out of the pull of Earth's gravity = $1,000.
      Why can't you say things in kg and € like the rest of the Western world?

The cost of launching, say, the U.S.'s 2.3 million prisoners on their way to our new moon prison = $4,600,000,000,000.
      Not much more than ten years war in Iraq

Now, if you want to feed, cloth, house and guard them, it'll be more.
      I'm sure someone bids lower than Haliburton this time
      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

NASA's effort here is going to generate a lot of new technology and industrial/scientific infrastructure that will permanently enrich the United States and our partners. I think the Chinese and Japanese understand this, and are themselves making the investment rather than just trying to work with us as second fiddlers. Which brings me back to the question of Europe and Russia. Why aren't they making an effort as well?
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Russia has enough problems as it is.
          Similar to, why is North Korea building nukes when they can't build roads?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
            Which brings me back to the question of Europe and Russia. Why aren't they making an effort as well?
            Russia isn't back yet. As for Europe: is there really a Europe?
            What?

Comment

Working...
            X