Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is the last time you've heard "Newsflash" used in a non-satirical manner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the last time you've heard "Newsflash" used in a non-satirical manner?

As far as I can tell, nobody actually uses the word "Newsflash" for surprising or recent news. It is used only with a heavy amount of sarcasm, describing old news.

Why is this? And furthermore, if "Newsflash" continues to be used to describe only old news, will people eventually begin using it satirically to describe news that is actually surprising?

Important questions indeed.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

So, what's up with this campaign to "FREE UR" anyway?
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

He would make an excellent OT mod.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

now thats satire!
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Does anyone know the day UR lost/left behind his mod privileges? I could make that a day of yearly celebration .
          This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

All news is flash today...
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
            X