Phone 'shocked' teenager to death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone 'shocked' teenager to death

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

It's tragic, but to be fair, it could have been anything that triggered it alas. Alas bereavement seems to make people want to find someone to blame for their pain.
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Typical hysterical crap.

ZOMG phones kill!! Ban teh evil phones. In fact ban all sudden noises and sounds!!

Comment

They seem to blame the NHS mostly...

Comment

They don't seem to be blaming anyone, or trying to ban anything. Seems like they're just trying to raise awareness about the disease, and raise money to get kids screened.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
            They don't seem to be blaming anyone, or trying to ban anything. Seems like they're just trying to raise awareness about the disease, and raise money to get kids screened.

Correctamundo LS. Long QT syndrome is a very rare condition. Victims drop dead at an early age due to ventricular tachycardia which degenerates to ventricular fibrillation. Without a family history of early sudden death no one would think to screen for this condition. Furthermore, in the US government agencies like Medicaid or Medicare won't pay physicians for normal EKGs making screening for the condition a financial burden on physicians.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

They hint at an accusation in saying that "this could´ve been avoided if she´d been tested at an early age". But as the esteemed doctor says, that´s just not going to happen unless there´s been a family history of unexplained deaths...

Comment

Nor will it happen unless people are made aware of this.
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                  Typical hysterical crap.

ZOMG phones kill!! Ban teh evil phones. In fact ban all sudden noises and sounds!!
                  Pssh, they'd never say that. They are likely however to say:

ZOMG phones kill teenagers!! Ban all teens from teh evil phones.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Teenagers clearly aren't mature enough to handle exploding phones.
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

is this disease for real?

I hate to sound callous (though I am ), but some diseases are just destined to send their victims to an early grave. How can you go through life not without experienceing loud unexpected noises?

Comment

Yes. Whenever you read or hear of a young person dropping dead for no reason this syndrome, along with Marfan Syndrome is the most likely cause.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

It´s a scary thought that you could go about, just minding your own business and then WHAM! You´re dead...

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
                            It´s a scary thought that you could go about, just minding your own business and then WHAM! You´re dead...
                            TBH, that's not that scary

Comment

I find it hard to belive such a genetic flaw would not be weeded out very rapidly, perhaps its a point-mutation like dwarfism. I cant see any concivable means by which anyone could be protected from loud noices either, it would be like being deadly alergic to dust, your just SOL.
                              Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                              X