Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's the 5 letter word with the most one-word anagrams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
    Does not obey rules of total order.

Comment

Originally posted by Lul Thyme
      BTW Kuci, your initial remark about ordering complex numbers was pointless . If you consider what you were replying to carefully, you'll see that it's just "witty" and doesn't actually have anything to do.
      If was just being contrarian

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        So we've seen Linux geek code (Ari), physicist/mathematician code (KH), and now for some software engineer code (in Java for variety):

I think I get the point, though. At least the one about declaring the same name for two iterators in nested loops... I actually did notice later on that I'd shadowed a variable definition (reusing line) in my code. It's strange (but normal for Haskell, I guess) that the compiler didn't even mention it at all, and it does make the code somewhat confusing. To avoid letting it happen again, here's a version with one of the variables completely removed :

Code:
        main = interact $ unlines . take 1 . last . sortBy length_order . group . sort
               . map sort . map (map toLower) . filter (\word -> 5 == length word) . lines
        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

----

Comment

Working...
            X