No announcement yet.

Bush 'routinely ignoring Blair'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ned, that was in the support-the-president jingoism orgy leading up to the invasion, verdad? Freaking KERRY "voted for the war before he voted against it" back then, because the current political climate was such that most people wanted to appear cooperative towards the President.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

but he'd have had no reason to concoct that gibberish about WMDs

For the record, that "gibberish" was the consensus view in the years before the Iraq War. IIRC, Clinton is on the record in generally agreeing with that view...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I thought that you wanted a serious discussion, but since you call for Oerdin, I guess that you don't want that.

Please tell me wich politician that hasn't listned with selectional ears to what intelligence says. They all hear what they want to hear. Another thing is that intelligence may say one thing, but why should a politician follow that if he thinks that is the wrong direction ?
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Because he has at least half a brain?
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
            The better way to say is that Clinton wouldn't have gone to war in such a stupid way as Bush did.
            What facts has you that support this claim ?
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Because he has at least half a brain?

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I didn't "call for" Oerdin, I merely noted that he's better at rehearsing Bush's faults than I am. And for all that he's got an unhealthy, Captain Ahab-ish obsession, I think he's right about GWB at least.

Does somebody else want to compile a list of the evidence of Bush waging war against reality? There's plenty of it, but I've procrastinated too much already tonight and I have work to do.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Because a different person than Bush. What facts do you have to believe that he wage war as ridiculously as Bush did?
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Because a reasonably smart person would consider the fact they could be wrong in the face of opposing evidence.
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Actually, that's what Clinton said in a recent interview with Mike Wallace. He said he supported the effort to bring democracy to the ME as the way forward. But he said he would have done it in a different "way" than Bush.

Couple that with his and his secretary of state's claims that they wanted to go to war against Saddam in '98, you can see that the only differences between Clinton and Bush with regard to Iraq is the way Bush went about it.
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

But, since Clinton never explained what he would have done differently, much of what he said is either hindsight or partisan bickering, or both.
                        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Because a reasonably smart person would consider the fact they could be wrong in the face of opposing evidence.
                          Are you for real caliming that politicians act on facts and not on their political views ?

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Because a different person than Bush. What facts do you have to believe that he wage war as ridiculously as Bush did?
                            Breach of UN sanctions by saddam.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                              Elok, Madalyn Albright, Clinton's Secretary of State testifying before Congress in the run-up to the Iraq war, said that Clinton would have preferred to go to war with Saddam Hussein in 1998 when Saddam Hussein forced the inspectors out of Iraq, but Clinton did not do so because they could not get the support of the American people (read Republican Congress) for such a war. She said that circumstances had changed since 9/11.

---
                              The really stupid thing in the above text is that 9/11 changed the view of Iraq in the eyes of the Republican congress. But that would be like if a terror attempt by IRA would change the American view on the ETA in Spain or something.
                              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Chemical, if you really want to be honest, Republicans would never have backed Clinton. What changed about Iraq was not 9/11, but the presidency.

Comment

Working...
                                X