Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aneeshm
    Typical lefties.

Now, now -- if you're going to be retarded, and take negative stereotypes of liberals at face value, you can only settle for one, otherwise you run into blatant contradictions.

Negative stereotype number one of liberals: They are whimpy weenies who know nothing about putting up a good fight.

Negative stereotype number two of liberals: They are obnoxiously disruptive to the point of retorting to violence.

So if you're going to be retarded, at least be consistently retarded for god's sake. Pick one stereotype to believe in, and stick with that one.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

@MrFun
      bleh

Comment

OMFG!!!!11!!1! MrFun was actually FUNNY!!!!

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
          I've heard the accussations that the election was rigged but has any actual proof ever been presented?
          Yes, in the many previous threads about the election.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell

In the leadup to the Civil War, radical Northern abolitionist Charles Sumner (R-MA) made a speech that personally insulted the authors of the Kansas-Nebraska Act (among other things calling them the pimps to the whore of slavery, and mocking their old age-caused ailments). One of the denigrated was Andrew Butler, whose cousin happened to be Representative Preston Brooks (D-SC).

Brooks considered challanging Sumner to a duel at first, but was persuaded that Sumner did not deserve a duel because he had damaged his social standing with the morally abhorrent speech. Therefore, Brooks decided to cane him in the Senate chamber.

Yankees cried that this was the proof that Southern "gentlemen" would intimidate anyone anywhere in the country from "free speech" on the issue of slavery. Southerners applauded Brooks for responding to a grave insult on his family's and state's honor. Southern newspaper editorials praised his action and many South Carolinans sent him canes engraved "Hit Him Again".

Sumner was unable to attend the Senate for years, and Brooks was fined $300 and narrowly escaped expulsion from the House, but both were reelected after the beating.

Good times...

My favorite part of the whole affair was mentioned in Ken Burns' Civil War, that the rest of the Congress started regularly sporting pistols and daggers within the chambers.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

Got what he deserved.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                Got what he deserved.
                You're saying you deserve a beating for disparagin remarks you made about me? Okay.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  Got what he deserved.

In today's world, I'm glad that most people no longer justify violence merely because they received verbal attacks.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                    In today's world, I'm glad that most people no longer justify violence merely because they received verbal attacks. If they did, I'd salivate at the prospect of really giving Sloww a solid caning
                    Good thing he can't see that, huh?

Oops
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

HEY! WTF is this, MrFun ??
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Dude, you do not want to have MrFun hit you with his stick.

Comment

Maritza Campos ([info]maritzac) wrote,
                          @ 2006-12-02 07:33:00
                          Previous Entry Add to memories! Next Entry
                          Things to do while I await disaster
                          Stuff like this:

Why "while I await disaster?" Well, because of this:

It's embarassing to tell this story. It has been one of the few times I have felt ashamed to call myself a mexican.

As some of you know, the presidential race was this year. The governor of Mexico City, a guy named Lopez Obrador, spent four years pushing himself as a candidate. He was top of the polls for a long time. He was a member of the PRD, a leftist party. While the official party (PAN) didn't even have a candidate, this guy used his office and the money of the city budget in his campaign.

2006 starts and finally there's a PAN candidate, Calderón. Nobody gives a dime for him. He starts his campaign and slowly starts closing into López Obrador. By the time election day comes, the polls are so close it's a technical match.

Election day passes and Calderón wins by a margin of .58%. Less than 250,000 votes in aprox. 42 million.

Even when days before Lopez Obrador said repeatedly he was going to accept the results of the election, even if he lost by one vote, he cried fraud. Said fraud was never proven, and their accusations were very weak. The electoral trial declared Calderón as president.

Today it was the day Calderón was required to take the oath before Congress, as a legal requirement to be president.

Ever since the election, the PRD party has repeatedly stated they weren't going to let Calderón be president. On September 1st, the PRD congressmen took over the stage of congress, and president Fox couldn't make a speech with his report on the year. They said then they were going to do the same on Dec. 1st.

Some weeks ago, they started repeating it over and over again. We're going to take the stage. Calderón won't take the oath. Therefore he will be illegal. Apparently there's a legal hole they could use for that.

Except three days ago, the PRD congressmen were planning to take the stage, and the PAN congressmen got ahead. They took the stage, there was a brawl. Chairs were flying, congressmen were flying and got pushed down the stairs. The PRD congressmen surrounded the stage.

They stood there for three ****ing days.

They. CAMPED. There. For THREE. ****ing. Days.

That's right, they turned Congress into a pajama party.

Finally, today, there were more kicks and catfights. The PRD blocked the entrances. They say the whole room stank. Not surprised... they ate there, slept there, and for some hours, even managed to uhhh. Use bottles to... No. I can not say it.

We had no idea what was going to happen.

There was an entrance they couldn't block, right behind the stage. Calderón and Fox just... appeared there, in a copperfield magic act. Calderón took the oath and disappeared in less than 4 minutes.

So while I was waiting for the whole thing to end -and while I was laughing in relief when the whole thing ended- I made a CRFH logo in a notebook. I dunno, I kind of like it. Of course, I suck at making logos, so maybe it's the most ugly logo in the world.

When I mean logo, I mean the CRFH!!! thing. The characters are not part of the logo, but I put them there to fill space.

So yeah, we have a new president. Apparently, he's a tricky one. I'm very glad I voted for him.

Go Calderón!

Maritza
                          CRFH.net
                          CRFH An online comic strip. If you thought college was hell, wait till you meet your roommates
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                          X