Clear All

• "Canadian Idol... err.. I mean Prime Minister!"

Canada turns to reality show to pick a PM

· Four former leaders to grill contestants in TV special
    · Winner to walk away with £22,500 in prize money

Dan Glaister
    Friday December 1, 2006
    The Guardian

Some countries have elections. Some countries have sectarian violence. Others have civil war. But in Canada, they do things differently.

Next March four former Canadian prime ministers will take part in a reality TV show titled The Next Great Prime Minister. The four will grill contestants on their leadership qualities before picking a winner in the one-hour TV special.

While other former leaders will be strutting the world stage - Jimmy Carter worrying about democracy, Bill Clinton about poverty - former Canadian prime ministers Brian Mulroney, John Turner, Joe Clark and Kim Campbell will be donning their best clothes to question five contestants about the qualities needed to lead the nation.
    [...]

Canada

That will be one entertaining program...
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I haven't heard a thing about this. Then again I don't watch TV.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

excellent
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
        X