Testosterone and sex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testosterone and sex

I was looking over this website(www.bodybuilding.com) and I read an interesting "small" text about sex and testosterone. So I want to know if this information is true... or just an urban myth?
    This article will examine the latest research on sexual practice and its application within the context of an athletic training program...

Chinese researchers conducted a study in 2003, and enlisted twenty-eight male volunteers to abstain from ejaculation for a period of one week. The participants were tested daily for deviations on serum testosterone levels. The Chinese study was the first to measure the influence of ejaculation frequency on serum testosterone levels, and the results are provocative.

Researchers found that abstaining from ejaculation for six days had no impact on serum testosterone levels. On the seventh day, serum testosterone levels peaked to 145.7% of baseline, and then declined rapidly on the eighth day.7,8

Researchers believe testosterone declined on day eight from the negative feedback suppression of Leutinizing hormone secretion. Leutinizing hormone is essential for testosterone production, and LH determines free testosterone levels. Suppression of LH would decrease serum testosterone levels, returning them to baseline. The study determined that the frequency of sexual activity and ejaculation impacted testosterone levels.
    Last edited by CrONoS; December 1, 2006, 01:51.
    bleh

So, what does this mean in engrish?
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

so...

to keep serum testosterone levels high, you should ejaculate once a week?
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

according to the sites, yes
        bleh

Comment

From Wikipedia

Abstinence in therapy

Abstinence from sexual activity often results in an obvious build-up of hormones, correlated with a feeling of well-being. Testosterone and estrogen, two primary sex hormones that build up during abstinence, are related to other antidepressant neurochemistry such as serotonin and endorphins. While orgasm releases endorphins in short-term secretion, abstaining for more lengthy periods of time produces a more lasting feeling of what sometimes may be described as euphoria, and, according to many partners, better marital sex. Abstinence has been by some as a natural antidepressant.
          bleh

Comment

Re: Testosterone and sex

Originally posted by cronos_qc
            I was looking over this website(www.bodybuilding.com) and I read an interesting "small" text about sex and testosterone. So I want to know if this information is true... or just an urban myth?
            This article will examine the latest research on sexual practice and its application within the context of an athletic training program...

You're asking this on a forum where the majority of geeks here have little of either?
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

@MichaeltheGreat

I was waiting for a response from Asher or the other guys who want to send pictures of manhole on CounterGlow, what is his name again.... oh yeah Pekka!!! These guy's sure know how to deal with testo!!

Seriously, anyone with medical knowledge,and wants to enlightened a guy are free to help! During my time in high school, in our sexology course, we were told that sex(libido) didn't do anything to testo. Like a moron, I partially believed them.
              Last edited by CrONoS; December 1, 2006, 02:17.
              bleh

Comment

sexology?

And here we just get Sex Ed...
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

We had a class at my university called Sexohology, having to do with the stupid sexual acts caused by alcohol.

They eventually fired the professor and stopped offering the class because some female students were observed making "poor alcohol-based decisions" and had forgotten that they signed consent papers.

However there should always be less than a 35 year gap...
                  First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                  Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

For crying out loud people its rather obvius, anticipation of ending the ejaculation-moritorium is causing the 7th day suge.

The common urban-myth that High testosterone levels cause one to have a "Type-A" personality is false, the personality or lack their of is the cause, testosterone level the effect.
                    Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

What if you ejaculates 1 or 2 times a day? What then?

Spec.
                      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

If you keep doing it you'll go blind.
                        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Ejaculating a lot can run down your zink levels I think.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                          X