No announcement yet.

Tipping Point: Office Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever heard of transferrable skills? Use that somehow and try and move into an area with more prospects. That is what I have had to do...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The frog business started in the deep and dark recesses of the brain of Heresson...there is nothing more to explain...
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

so i had a meeting with my boss and he told me that he was really happy that i came to him and that there are many openings within the company, now and in the future, and hes going to work with me on getting to where i want to go. i asked him about raises and the time table and got a positive response. he has suggestions that we are going to work together on.

as for the parent cmpany he told me to ignore it and focus on something that will reward me.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit

What's the evaluation process there? They owe you a career path. Let them know that's true, ask what you can do to improve your lot.

If you don't get a clear answer, seriously consider moviing along.
          Ditto on what the rabbit said. There is always another job, another contract or another opportunity, not necessarily in the same field but often in something just as interesting.

Sometimes you also have to move sideways before you can move up.
          "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
          "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Working...
          X