Tipping Point: Office Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hence: "Ming and Rah make people kill"
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
      Hence: "Ming and Rah make people kill"
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't understand how there could be a legit non-compete for someone so obviously out of the loop. Are you a W4 employee or a contractor?

Oh, and don't be hatin' on your girl cuz she wants a raise. Every normal person ALWAYS wants a raise.

Try not to concern yourself with the slacker manager chick, and DON'T spread rumors about her. You can't get involved in that stuff. It makes you feel a little better, self-righteous and all -- but it can also make you enemies. You obviously don't know who her allies are. I advise you don't test those waters. Stand clear.

What's the evaluation process there? They owe you a career path. Let them know that's true, ask what you can do to improve your lot.

If you don't get a clear answer, seriously consider moviing along.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
          I don't understand how there could be a legit non-compete for someone so obviously out of the loop. Are you a W4 employee or a contractor?

Oh, and don't be hatin' on your girl cuz she wants a raise. Every normal person ALWAYS wants a raise.

Try not to concern yourself with the slacker manager chick, and DON'T spread rumors about her. You can't get involved in that stuff. It makes you feel a little better, self-righteous and all -- but it can also make you enemies. You obviously don't know who her allies are. I advise you don't test those waters. Stand clear.

What's the evaluation process there? They owe you a career path. Let them know that's true, ask what you can do to improve your lot.

If you don't get a clear answer, seriously consider moviing along.
          Ha, I know I cant blame her for wanting a raise, and I wouldnt interfere with that, its the manner in which the raise achieved: doing the work of your boss, hiring on another person to cover part of you job, and then being left with no idea of what to do when the manager is gone again. So the payroll is expanded 25-30k a year, and the work is not getting done.

As for me, Im a W4 employee employed by Canon Business Solutions. We are subcontracted out to Guy Carpenter LLC.

At this point, Im on the recieveing end of rumors. All I hear is what other people have told me and shown me (like sign in time sheets, emails sent by her claiming reasons for her absence) These are things that I cant prove without confronting the whole goddamn monster that it probably is.

As for Canon career path, Im talking to my supervisor tomorrow about it, and then his supervisor is flying in on monday and Im hoping we can have a meeting with the 3 of us to discuss it some more.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Sure it is. Didn"t you see Fight Club?
            I dunno, Sava, maybe advocating killing is funny.

I just might be overly sensative, working in a building where's there's been three murders and three suicides during the time I've been there. Plus, another suicide a couple of weeks ago in another courthouse two blocks away.

Comment

Re: Tipping Point: Office Politics

Originally posted by MRT144
              5. I won a raffle for basketball tickets tonight but someone in production won also (2 sets of 2 tickets) and that person elected to take all 4. That is why I'm at tipping point.
              What's that about? Did you win or didn't you? WTF? Is this a case of "screw the contract employee - I want all the tickets!" Sounds like BS to me.

Maybe you should investigate other employment options.
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

So are there offices with integrity, where people work hard and actually help the bottom line? where how much youre worth is measured in how much you contribute? where personal friendships are not the measure of your worth?

Probably not.

i think one of the hardest things that i have to deal with is ny desire to make the company succesful. i want to do well and have the people around me work equally hard as i do. but im in such a lowly position that its hard to have a bottom up impact.

Can't sympathise more.

Comment

"2. I have no room for advancement. "

Didn't even read further. If you don't absolutely love it.. leave it, when you get a chance that is. Don't go and jump until you have something to jump into.

You should also put on your iPod, listen to LL Cool J's Mama Said Knock You Out very loudly, walk in threatning way across the hallways, take of your shirt and challenge people to fight you.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

I always knew Ming was part of the dark side.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I always knew Ming had an excellent tailor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                        Why is Heresson just standing around and not doing anything?
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Frogs are cold-blooded. They don't like to waste energy.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

duke, those agents had well tailored suits, agreed.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

No, Heresson didn't.
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

So where did the frog business start?
                                I don't get it.

I missed the fun and I want in.

Comment

Working...
                                X