HTML/CSS question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML/CSS question

"Center the contents of the #flags selector, and don't display the contents until both margins are clear"

What is the command to do this? I've read the chapter in my book repeatedly and I can't find out how to do this. I'm so frustrated, I doubt I would see the answer if it were right in front of me.

This is the only thing left to put in my code before I'm done with this part of the assignment, but I can't move on until I finish this style sheet.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Code:
    #flags{
      text-align: center;
      clear: both;
    }
    Though I've never tried clear on anything but a br before, so I don't know if that is valid.

edit: yeah, it appears to be valid on any block-level element.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Thank you!

Yes, right before I checked this thread I received an email from my instructor. That"s exactly what I needed to do.

Okay. This thread has now served it"s purpose.

I"m using quotes instead of apostrophes because for some reason the apostrophe key is activating the find box in my firefox.

This is an annoying bug.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Oh, I used to get that in FF 1.x ... upgrade I forget what caused it, it's funny. You have to close FF and start over again. It's a hotkey thing, I forget which.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

intersite spam
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
            intersite spam
            Pot calling the kettle black here sir?

At least it's educational spam

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
              Oh, I used to get that in FF 1.x ... upgrade I forget what caused it, it's funny. You have to close FF and start over again. It's a hotkey thing, I forget which.
              I think my Firefox auto-updates. I get periodic messages saying it's going to self-destruct or something if I don't restart it and let it update. Then it does it the next time I open it up.

This bug rears its ugly head every so often. I don't know what causes it to happen. It's some combination of keystrokes. But it seems to survive the updates. I've had it happen maybe 4 or 5 times.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm not sure if 1.x will autoupdate yet to 2.x ... I had to go download it.

It's related somehow to the fact that ' is *supposed* to be a shortcut to the find command ... when you're not in a textbox. Somehow it forgets the 'when you're not in a textbox' part sometimes.

Anyway, check your version #, if you're still in the 1.xs go upgrade to 2.x... I used to have your bug but haven't since I upgraded a month or so ago, so perhaps it would fix it

Comment

I have 1.5.0.8

I guess I should get 2.x
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What you need to do is go to Opera, then you can use the keys as they're marked.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No

Comment

Okay, I got firefox 2. I don't have any plug-ins. I was wondering if you guys used any or had any recommendations? I'm browsing the plug-ins page now but it's hard to tell if any of these are any good.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I use:
                          * gmail manager[for email checking]
                          * yahoo toolbar [same]
                          * ForecastFox [weather]
                          * FlashBlock [duh]
                          * Greasemonkey [allows DHTML addons, currently don't use any of these though]

Comment

I have Weather Channel taskbar icon. It's good.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                            X