No announcement yet.

This Wonderful Market!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope! The only thing I could get is capital gains if I sell too many at once...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
      Nope! The only thing I could get is capital gains if I sell too many at once...

Thats really odd-- I would have thought that at a minimum you would be applied with a much lower "cost" (essentially half price) and would therefore face a capital; gain on disposition OR you would somehow have the shares they issue you as a taxable benefit.

Otherwise they are giving you shares instead of cash with no tax to you. I don't know that there's anything from employer to employee that the tax man misses
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by pchang
        The GAP would definitely be a loser. Their same store sales dropped 8%.
        I know, thats why I said it would be terrible.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Saras

Originally posted by LordShiva
          Celebrating Serb's departure?
          More like lamenting; we exchanged nice and civil emails that involved invitationsn for beer so
          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

If you're having a beer with him before you come to visit me in Antwerp I'm going to feel very insulted.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

thats another thing I'd buy stock in if my purchases directed my trades: beer
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

The ideal anti-cyclical stock.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Good Beer

is not traded on US exchanges
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Re: Good Beer

Originally posted by pchang
                    is not traded on US exchanges
                    I know. Most the beer I drink is local microbrews and private companies. Sweet delicious private companies!

Comment

Private Equity

$2500 is far too little to get you into private equity funds
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™
                        If you're having a beer with him before you come to visit me in Antwerp I'm going to feel very insulted.
                        Omsk - cold town in the middle of siberia gazillion miles away with no way to get there but Aeroflot via Moscow

vs

Antwerp - a low cost plane flight and a short train ride away, warm beatiful city with 2000 varieties of beer.

Hm...
                        Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                        Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                        Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Ok, I see you next summer.

I should have been betting avatars 5 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                          X