Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Taxes on share gains in the UK

Originally posted by Flubber
    I don't worry so much about the tanking part since I work for a major oil company.
    No pun intended, I hope.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Presumably

if a company starts laying off people because they arelosing money, their share price will be falling also. As for when you own those company matched shares, that depends upon the company. I have seen vesting schedules vary quite widely.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Colon

has predicted 4 out of the last 1 recessions. The best reason to pull out to cash is that you intend to spend the money soon on something else (like a house, weekend in vegas, etc.).
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

the 4 out of the last 1 recessions? or did you mean 1 out of the last 4? I dont intend to ever pull the money out, and use it for personal spending. thats not why I saved it, ya know?

as for laying people off what of the case of pfeizer? it seems that this would be a good company to buy in spite of their laying people off because they are overall a solid company that is a leader in their industry. while their share price may dip it seems that this would be an undervalue or rash evaluation of the company.

but i guess you also have to consider the democrats plans to negotiate with the drug companies for medicare.

am I getting my thinking muddled on this?
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Re: Colon

Originally posted by pchang
            has predicted 4 out of the last 1 recessions. The best reason to pull out to cash is that you intend to spend the money soon on something else (like a house, weekend in vegas, etc.).
            I am going to vegas in 2 weeks
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

subtle humor

Colon is a bear. He predicted the dot com bust several times before it finally happened. Since then, he has continued to predict a bust in the US. Therefore => 4 out of the last 1 recession.

Comment

I didn't realise that Colon was gay.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Re: subtle humor

Colon is a bear. He predicted the dot com bust several times before it finally happened. Since then, he has continued to predict a bust in the US. Therefore => 4 out of the last 1 recession.
                  too subtle im afraid. this money thing is a serious matter!

I dont like consistent bears, especially considering if they live in europe. of course theres nothing to be bullish about there, except good food/drink, good football, good women and good times.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144

stories arent tangible, their value only exsists in the mind of a reader.
                    And in hardcover and paperback form, and perhaps eventually trade paperbacks. Though I suppose technically stocks do have physical certificates still--don't they?
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Re: subtle humor

I detected a stock market bubble and predicted a bust: I was right. I detected housing bubble and predicted a bust: I'm being right again. 2 out of 2.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Timing is everything

Yes, but to make any real use of it, you would need to accurately predict when.

Comment

It's impossible to predict the exact timing of peaks and throughs of cycles and those who claim they can are scoundrels. I've consistently argued that the current account and personal savings pose major threats to the US economy and until these get rectified I'm not going to change my bearish stance. I'll go as far to admit I was wrong to consider inflation to be a threat during the 90's and to not have foreseen the rise of another bubble, but that's about it.
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Ok, I'll also admit my stance towards Google's market value may have been overly pessimistic and pray DanS will be lenient when he gets to pick my avatar.

Comment

Re: Saras

makes his living doing this stuff and I used to (I now make much more money now though). Our advice is also amazingly similar and very simple. Do you think this is a coincidence?
                              Well really I'm more into client relationships re: m&A and ecm/dcm, but I know this **** by instinct. btw Imdrunk.
                              Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                              Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                              Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                                The Vietnamese Real Estate market is where it's at

The "no actively managed funds" advice doesn't quite hold in "frontier" markets, where trading is thin and the institutions immature.
                                Not untrue. witness the boys at east capital, I them, they weer managing about usd 10 million back in 200 and now, well, check for yourselves. They run >3 bn. Per-Elam Aivaras (lithuanian dude) etc
                                Attached Files
                                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Working...
                                X