• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spiffor
    Only the evil Rosbifs can possibly annoy my mighty janissary army
    Excellent, Smithers!

Comment

Spiff, I was never exactly a great player, but isn't an army of expensive units standing still just begging for a siege weapon? True, they could outrange 'em, but faced with that I'd have just used a trebuchet to splatter the monks one by one and force the Jannies to charge or run.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
        Spiff, I was never exactly a great player, but isn't an army of expensive units standing still just begging for a siege weapon? True, they could outrange 'em, but faced with that I'd have just used a trebuchet to splatter the monks one by one and force the Jannies to charge or run.
        The whole army would have charged, including the monks (they're at the centre of the square)

And I always made sure I had some light cavalry to destroy whatever siege weapon annoyed me.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Try playing the castle blood scenario, my korean war wagons will destroy any unit you care to throw at them ( short of 200 elite war eles where i might need a few onagers )

Plus it's the only source I've encountered for graphic descriptions of what happens when Cataphracti, pikemen, longbowmen, knights, and two or three modern artillery pieces join forces against fifty thousand nomadic horsemen
          Who won ?
          Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Ahem.

This threadjack is invalid!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
              Who won ?
              The cataphracti et al, after a very tense battle...they were divided into three separate groups which couldn't communicate in terrain which severely limited visibility.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
              X