No announcement yet.

Help Ozzy Find a Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously though-- There are tonnes of no fee cards-- you can nprobably get one with some bells and whistles if you don't mind a high interest rate. THEN you simply make a practice of paying it off regularly

Oh and you don't need a CC to do this-- You could get a small personal loan and accomplish much the same thing
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
      I can't believe the irresponsibility of younger adults in statements like this.
      Constructive laziness is a virtue.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Spec

Never go Sears. 28.8% interest with no good advantage since Sears is not cheap.

Best thing you can do is calculate the amount of money you spend for your daily activities (restaurant, shopping, Games and such) and come to an amount for the month.
        Then when you ask for a credit card, demande that amount in credit.
        This way, all you need to use is your credit card, so no debit-card fees, garantees on all merchandise bought and a "limited" budget for your monthly expenses so that you dont over spend.
        At the end of the month, you transfer the money from your bank account to the credit card, pay no interest and use really well your credit, which gives you a lot of points on your beacon score at the bank when you try to get out a loan.

Spec.
        wow spec, you described how I do things almost exactly
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Thats exactly what I do.

I used to be loan officer you know.

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

At the end of the month, you transfer the money from your bank account to the credit card, pay no interest and use really well your credit, which gives you a lot of points on your beacon score at the bank when you try to get out a loan.

Spec.
            The only difference for me is that I pay my card off completely twice a month on my payday. I view my online CC statement. The big benefits are that I never pay interest AND I would catch fraud reasonably quickly
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

At Capital One

They catch fraud for you!
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I used to be loan officer you know.
                Was that back when you did every evil thing in the world except murder?
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Well I applied for one through my bank (bank of america).
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Was that back when you did every evil thing in the world except murder?
                    I dont know if thats a troll, but no. From 22 to 25.

Spec.
                    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

1. All major banks should have a bill-pay setup themselves, where you can tell the bank to automatically send money to the credit card company every month. Some major credit card companies have e-bills that can be automatically downloaded by the bank's e-bill pay system and then automatically paid directly. I imagine Bank of America should have this for Bank of America credit cards.

2. I've seen some pretty cool loan setups in some banks where you borrow some money and use the money itself as collateral, and use the money itself to pay off the loan plus the interest the money itself earns. Basically it doesn't take any work on your part, it just sort of builds up your credit automatically. Now, I've never looked into it myself other than just reading things posted on windows (I am a compulsive reader), but it might be worth looking into.
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I never use automatic debits. I like to know whats happening with my money and given that I can pay my bills online in seconds why bother with them.
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I just got one from my credit union.

I pay in full every month. Though I hear that isn't good enough to raise your credit. You really need to buy a car and then a home to establish good credit. If you use credit card, you are supposed to avoid paying them off. For some reason it looks better to run some debt on your cards, then pay them off slower. But it's going to cost you more money that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                            I just got one from my credit union.

I pay in full every month. Though I hear that isn't good enough to raise your credit. You really need to buy a car and then a home to establish good credit. If you use credit card, you are supposed to avoid paying them off. For some reason it looks better to run some debt on your cards, then pay them off slower. But it's going to cost you more money that way.
                            That's not true.

On your credit report it automatically shows the highest your credit card has went to, and at what it is right now.
                            So if you pay it off everymonth, it will also show at how much it was before you paid.
                            The credit bureau updates itself every 2 months on the 30th of the month.

Spec.

Comment

Working...
                            X