Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOwriter vs. Word

Let's hear it.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

No contest, unless you need a freebie, bloaty, slow, buggy piece of software.

MS Office is free if your work uses it, which I think is the case for a lot of people here.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I have the whole deal. Access, PowerPoint, Front Page...
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

k.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          MS Office is free if your work uses it, which I think is the case for a lot of people here.
          Are you implying that people are free to install and use MS Office at home for personal use if they use it at work? (Which would be false.)

Comment

Office is about $15 in the university store.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Mustard
              Are you implying that people are free to install and use MS Office at home for personal use if they use it at work? (Which would be false.)
              They are free to install it on their home PC if they use it at work.

Read the EULA.

Last edited by Asher; November 27, 2006, 21:12.

Comment

Personally, I prefer Microsoft Word.

A shock, I know, what with the rest of the world supporting OOWriter.

What? They're not?

Oh.
                B♭3

Comment

OO sucks donkey dick.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

That would be applicable to Volume License customers only, not individual purchasers or pirating companies. I'm just pointing out that your tendency to make blanket statements is dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Mustard
                      That would be applicable to Volume License customers only, not individual purchasers or pirating companies. I'm just pointing out that your tendency to make blanket statements is dangerous.
                      Not as dangerous as being as pedantic as you are.

Most businesses are volume licensing customers. If you want more than 3 licenses, it's cheaper to do it by volume licensing.

Also, if your company pirates it I'm sure you can get it for free at home also.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                        Office is about $15 in the university store.
                        That much?

Jeez. It was free at my university. Along with virtually every other piece of MS productivity software (SQL Server, Windows Server, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Visual Studio Professional, etc). I guess we all can't be blessed by attending real computer science schools.

Comment

As much as I dislike Microsoft, I definitely agree that MS Word is better, for the simple fact that it takes about a tenth the time to load up as open office.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Word is better, but I have no problems operating in OpenOffice.
                            It seems, though, that everyone else does.
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I have no problems with OpenOffice.

Just like I have no problems with that Ford Focus.

Doesn't mean that I'd prefer it over the Toyota Corolla that is Word.
                              B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X