• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheStinger

Many people do not include the UK when the term european is bandied about
    Let us do some analysis of the term.
    A European is a person from... Europe!
    Ask 99% of people in the world (England is about 1%) if England is a part of Europe, and they will say... YES.
    So we conclude that an Englishman is a European to most, except from a tiny confused minority.
    http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Manhattan should be renamed New Hans Island and given back to us.

Comment

I spent the weekend in New Amsterdam, in "Brooklyn". I took note of Bensonhurst, Flatbush, New Utrecht.

On Friday, (when POTM and I spent a lovely day at the Brooklyn museum, seeing the Annie Lebovitz exhibit, and the permanent collection, before heading for shabbas with the hassidim) the sky was an amazing shade of blue, cloudless, clear, sharp. Perhaps like Delftware, or the brilliant light of some Dutch painters.

Theres no going back, but deep, very deep, the Dutch spirit is still there.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Word. This was one thing I noticed when I was there. Smelled like sewage a lot.
          A lot of people just piss on the sidewalks I think.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger

Many people do not include the UK when the term european is bandied about
            Only people from the UK though.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

That and the lack of alleys forcing them to put their dumpsters out in front. Really good for waiting in line outside of fancy resturants.

Putting dumpsters in front of establiments like that will always make NY look like a second rate city.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
              X