Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New trend in the ME: exploding grandmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New trend in the ME: exploding grandmas?

German news site Spiegel Online reports a case of a 57-yrs old woman who died as a suicide bomber while approaching Israeli soldiers. According to the report the soldiers became aware of her intentions (not detailed how though) and have thrown a grenade at her. Then the woman, a mother of nine children and grandmother of ca. 30 more, blew herself up with the explosives strapped on her body.

Article in German is here: http://www.spiegel.de/politik/auslan...450453,00.html

I tried to find an article in English, but without success - so I wonder if that's confirmend somehow.....
    Blah

Great. Now the lines at the checkpoints will be even longer because old women will have to be checked as thoroughly as everyone else.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Re: New trend in the ME: exploding grandmas?

Originally posted by BeBro

I tried to find an article in English, but without success - so I wonder if that's confirmend somehow.....
      It's mentioned in this BBC article
      "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

EYE OF THE TIGER GRANDMA!!! EYE OF THE TIGER!!!
        What?

Comment

Unfortunately, "civilians" exploding in the Middle East is nothing new.

On the other hand, if any group of people - civilian or otherwise - could truly be trusted NOT to explode (or throw bombs or fire rockets or take a few shots at you when you least expect it, etc)... now that would have been a new trend in the Middle East.
          "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
          -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

But that a woman of this age does it is new, at least it's reported in the German article as the first case of such an old woman doing a suicide bombing.
            Blah

Comment

How many virgins does a grandma get?

Comment

Well, women need more than men do, right? But for women it's not virgins, as they prefer more experienced men
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Female suicide bombers get 72 of this

I need a foot massage

Comment

well that'll help with pensioner bugetary problems...
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Worms anyone?
                      Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Working...
                      X