Drunken bus driver asks to continue school run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drunken bus driver asks to continue school run

Those Aussies. I don't know whether to over the incident, or for the attempt at dedication of wanting to finish what he started.

BTW, anyone seen Horse today?

2 hours, 19 minutes ago

CANBERRA (Reuters) - A bus driver who was 13 times over the legal alcohol limit while driving a bus load of schoolchildren had a simple request for police who arrested him for drunken driving, an Australian court heard Wednesday.

"Can I finish my run, at least to drop these kids off?"

A country court in New South Wales state was told 50-year old David Stack had a blood alcohol level of 0.26, which is 13 times the legal limit for a bus driver, when he was stopped on November 7.

The court was told two adult passengers had alerted police after Stack's bus was speeding and swerving across the road.

Stack, who pleaded guilty to the drunk driving charge, said he regretted his actions and had apologized to the children on the bus at the time.

Now unemployed, Stack will be sentenced in February.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Dedication to one's job
    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Otto!

Comment

hail to the bus driver, bus driver. hail to the bus driver, bus driver.

or however that song goes.

Comment

They have a maximum alcohol-blood level in Australia?? I would have thought they'd have a minimum level.

Comment

Working...
          X