Barbara Bush robbed in Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbara Bush robbed in Argentina

First Daughter Barbara Bush had her purse and cell phone stolen as she had dinner in a restaurant in Buenos Aires, Argentina, even though she was being guarded by a detail of Secret Service agents, according to law enforcement reports made available to ABC News.

It was not the only mishap on the two-week trip to Argentina by Barbara (right) and her twin sister Jenna (left).

A Secret Service agent on the advance detail got into an "altercation" with someone after a night out and was badly beaten, according to the law enforcement reports. The Secret Service said today the incident was an attempted mugging that occurred while the agent was on his own time. The agent is doing fine.

The purse snatching took place on Barbara's first night in town while she was dining in the picturesque San Telmo neighborhood. According to the reports, the Secret Service agents failed to notice the incident.

The Secret Service would not comment on the purse snatching, and the First Lady’s office said they would not comment on any personal trip made by the daughters. There have been recent reports, however, that Jenna Bush has been living and working in Panama as an intern for UNICEF.

Argentina pick pockets are better than Al Qaeda

And the body guard gets beaten? wtf?
    I need a foot massage

Argenchileans
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
      Argenchileans
      Peruviobolivians

Argenchileans occupy the south of tanwantinsuyu
      I need a foot massage

Comment

Re: Barbara Bush robbed in Argentina

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
        It was not the only mishap on the two-week trip to Argentina by Barbara (right) and her twin sister Jenna (left).
        Afraid of making this a babe thread?

Make with the pictures!
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Barbara Bush robbed in Argentina

At least I'm glad it wasn't First Lady #41. I like her better than her granddaughters. Plus I can tell her apart!

Comment

Damn. If I was W I would clean house.

Comment

That's what the first lady is for.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

So, has Bush already proposed plans to invade argentina?

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Somebody in the Secret Service will never work again.
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

pardon my ignorance but what on earth does
                    a detail of Secret Service agents

mean??
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

a group...

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I saw this in the newspaper this morning

Canadia
                        Last edited by Unspeakable Horror; November 22, 2006, 06:15.
                        The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                          pardon my ignorance but what on earth does
                          a detail of Secret Service agents

mean??
                          we used detail in the navy all the time. I'm not sure how many it is supposed to encompass. but as said, it's a group.

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                            Argenchileans
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Scandigayvia
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                              X