Having Great Ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having Great Ideas.

Often, I get really good ideas and a few great ones. Does this happen to any of you? At one point in my life, I had so many good ideas popping into my head that I started to write them down (now I do it on my mobile phone).

infact, I will post some I have in my mobile now:

Idea 1.
    Know those large rectangle ads near bus-stops?

I found these ads to be very boring, only a few capture my attention for more than 2 seconds.
    Imagine this: take a photo of what is behind that ad (as if the ad was a window), then alter that image in photoshop; for example, lets say Lord of the Rings was the ad, you could add Golem or Frodo walking down the street doing something interesting. It would look as if Frodo was actually there (looking at the ad from a certain angle of course). You could do all sorts of things with it, imagine what you could do with Matrix, Armageddon, etc. One step further is to put in a plasma screen, have the studio's cook up some real nice video sequences using that very bus-stop location. This would be a REAL eye catcher, people would crowd around just to watch it because it would feel as if what you're watching is really happening where you are standing.

Idea 2.
    Mix all the world's flags into one flag, see what you come up with?

Idea 3.
    A drawing of all the world's countries represented as a person. If the country is very old, like China, then the person would be about 80 years old for example. In relation, the U.S. might be a young teenager, but the personality of this teenager would show the traits of America today. So this teenager would look like an obese bully, somewhat smart, very rich and patriotic. I think it would be very interesting to put a face on the world's country in this way.

Idea 4.
    This is a really cool one. You're walking down the streets of New York, all of the sudden, you hear a scream from the top of a building, someone seem to be in trouble, but no one can tell what is going on. Suddenly, a man (an actor and stuntman) dressed as Clark (and looks like him), rips open his shirt and "flies" up (via wires) and rescues whoever is at the top of the building (the building being not too high of course).
    I guess people would be looking around looking for camera's, etc, but not finding any and wondering if what they saw was real or not. It's great entertainment, but I have no idea how it could be used to make money.

I call this idea "City Stage". It's the idea of playing very short movie-like sequences inside a city making it appear real, like it is really happening.

I can't get these ideas off the ground, so they just sit there in my brain or on my mobile.

One idea i had about 3 years ago actually did come true, it was a DVD movie dispenser, no need for shops, just go to the ATM-like machine, put in your membership card, select movie, put in your payment card, get movie, go home. 2 years ago, (when I came to singapore), what do I see? A dvd movie dispenser.
    be free

Last edited by Nubclear; December 8, 2006, 11:16.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Where you on drugs when you came up with all these great ideas?

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

ha ha, no, I don't take any drugs, don't need it, I think my brain is naturally high all the time.

Were you on drugs when you were trying to spell were?
        be free

Comment

I think Idea 4 has some legal implications similar to those that would occur if you went into a theater and yelled "fire!".

But the first three a good

Comment

I get tons of ideas every day. I'm bombarded by unconventional thinking. Sometimes it's a .. it's not a good thing if I speak my mind, because I get two types of people. First are the ones who know me just a little bit but not really good. If I spend some time with thme, enough to be comfortable and so speaking my mind and ideas, I usually get religious answers, as in 'wow you are God'.

But if they don't know me at all, I might come out as an insane person, if one would think that his mind is filled with what we consider weird, uncomfortable and sometimes oturageous. But this is because they don't know my values are good, they don't know I kick ass and that I'm not insane, they shouldn't worry, they shoudl let themselves go and participate.

People are so attached to their view of who they are, they are very much aware of who they are portraying and how they are supposed to think of others as well. Well I'm the opposite, I see myself as a dynamic person, that is I don't define myself by what I do, for example a job. I don't go 'Hi my name is Pekka and I'm a student' and then that's it.

People who do that are freaking boring. They don't have lives, except their jobs and their jobs have their lives. Would they lose that job, the income isn't the issue, the issue is their definition of themselves. People like to roleplay, people like to ... people like movies with people who are anti-heroes, agents, criminals, what ever.. because they can then relate and experience the coolness of it.

But that's because people are so attached to roles and pre-determined ideas. The answer of 'I don't know what I am' is the first confession everyone should make, and then explore that. Not through your values, your job.. something new. Something comprehensive and ... exciting.

So about those ideas, yeah I got tons. Prolly 95% of them suck if they were to be implemented though.

My friend once said Gary Busey is the poor man's version of Pekka. This is true.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Yeah the real Pekkas Operating Thetan level is OT15 whereas Gary Busey scores lousy OT9
              Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Re: Having Great Ideas.

Originally posted by Sn00py
                Idea 3.
                A drawing of all the world's countries represented as a person. If the country is very old, like China, then the person would be about 80 years old for example. In relation, the U.S. might be a young teenager, but the personality of this teenager would show the traits of America today. So this teenager would look like an obese bully, somewhat smart, very rich and patriotic.
                I wonder if Will9 looks like this
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I use Wikipedia a lot. But sometimes I forget that there are some things you can't wiki. For example, if I've forgotten my mother's birthday, for half a second I believe I can just go online and check wiki to figure it out. Then I remember that her birthday isn't on the internet, and that she's in no encyclopedia.

This isn't really a problem I can fix, or a problem that needs fixing for that matter. There are, however, other things I can't wiki. I recently got a new job in which there are a whole lot of technical, industry terms flying around. There's a lot that I don't really understand yet, and a lot that is specific to my company and the government department I work for.

I think it would be a really great idea if there were a sort of WikiBusiness, where lots of relevant and important information about different companies and different industries, and the work done by these entities, could be recorded. And also, there would be lots and lots of acronyms.

So if you're looking to get a new job and want to go in prepared, or if you've just gotten a new job and want to supplement your training, you go to the WikiBusiness (WikiBiz?) page online and start to soak up all the information on your new industry, your new company, your new whatever.

I don't know where the profit in this is, but I think it could be a very valuable resource.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Umm, you can add your mother to the Wiki.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Certainly, but if the editors are paying attention, she'll probably get deleted.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I do like the first one. A bit jobby, and I doubt the plasma can stay intact for long, but the concept...
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I heated up apple juice with sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves and served it hot. That's my great idea on this cold, wet winter day.
                          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                            The answer of 'I don't know what I am' is the first confession everyone should make, and then explore that.

sig.
                            I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Re: Having Great Ideas.

Originally posted by Sn00py
                              At one point in my life, I had so many good ideas popping into my head that I started to write them down
                              "Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration." ... Thomas Alva Edison

Comment

Working...
                              X